• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Laphroiag Cask Strength

Reaction score
Let me just say, to start, that I'm no AVB when it comes to Scotch reviews. But this? This tipple is everything Laphroiag was meant to be!

Wonderfully rich, deep, complex, peaty, smokey, etc. without the oiliness or medicinal, overpoweringly iodine-ish character of the Quarter Cask. Superb dram.

~Boar

Let me just say, to start, that I'm no AVB when it comes to Scotch reviews. But this? This tipple is everything Laphroiag was meant to be!

Wonderfully rich, deep, complex, peaty, smokey, etc. without the oiliness or medicinal, overpoweringly iodine-ish character of the Quarter Cask. Superb dram.

~Boar

Completely agree, this is my favorite daily drinker. Can't get much better than this.

If AVB should offer it again in one of his scotch buys, get the Triple Wood. Essentially its Cast Strength with peat, oak and sherry sweetness.

Doc.

I was discussing the Triple Wood with Andy, the manager at my local Spec's who got me my case of Stagg this year. I have to admit, my palate is a little . . . tentative about the idea of a sherried Islay. My imagination puts sherry and peaty, smokey iodine flavors together and comes up with something not unlike . . . Chinese sweet 'n sour sauce. ???

But I do love me a good casking. Sherry, port, rum casks, you betcha. The Benriach Dark Rum I got in the last Buy was incredible---big bold flavors on a heavy backbone of oak and smoke.

~Boar

I wouldn't be too concered. At nearly 100 proof, after the first two drinks, it kind of grows on ya.:p

Doc.

The Laphroaig 30 was/is a sherried beast. Sinfully delicious.