• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Large Humidifiers

MandyPi

Hard work has a future payoff. Laziness pays off n
Hello everyone. I am considering purchasing a tower humidor and wanted some guidance regarding the humidification system. I wanted your opinion(s) or review(s) on the Moist-N-Aire vs. Cigar Oasis II XL (The BIG Cigar Oasis / See links). I have seen some reviews posted here about the Avallo, but I think that unit might be a bit pricy for me at the moment. Thanks for your help.

Mandy, I can't speek to the XL II, but I have been using the XL in a Monteque (end table cabinet) for over a year with a very good service.

Ken

I would highly recommend the 20-40 Accumonitor from Avallo.

20-40

I have found it to be a very accurate system that works very well. Not the cheapest solution, but a good one.

I have both a Cigar Oasis XL and a Hydra. I don't have any experience with the other units you mentioned.

The Hydra is much larger, so it might be more ideal for a big cabinet. Plus the Hydra has an adjustable hygrometer and an optional fan output. Also, it costs about the same as the CO unit. But fundamentally, they are the same construction. Just depends if you like a reddish-brown case or light blue case.

The Hydra and CigarOasis are good up until a certain size humidor. I think you will find with the tower humidors that both of those units will tend to keep the RH higher closer to the unit and lower as you get further away. Because they are centralized to one area of the humidor it is very hard for them to keep the RH even throughout the entire humidor. Most of the tower units I sell, I recommend getting the Accumonitor system from Avallo. It comes in various configurations with multiple reservoirs and fans and is a true set and forget system.

Rod did an excellent review of this system a while back

Accumonitor Review Linky

The humidor Rod has in the interview is this one

Cigar Tower Antique

Any humidor of this size or larger will not really work that well with a smaller unit like the Hydra or CigarOasis

Dave

The Hydra and CigarOasis are good up until a certain size humidor. I think you will find with the tower humidors that both of those units will tend to keep the RH higher closer to the unit and lower as you get further away. Because they are centralized to one area of the humidor it is very hard for them to keep the RH even throughout the entire humidor. Most of the tower units I sell, I recommend getting the Accumonitor system from Avallo. It comes in various configurations with multiple reservoirs and fans and is a true set and forget system.

Rod did an excellent review of this system a while back

Accumonitor Review Linky

The humidor Rod has in the interview is this one

Cigar Tower Antique

Any humidor of this size or larger will not really work that well with a smaller unit like the Hydra or CigarOasis

Dave

I read the review and I am aware of how well it works; however, it seems too costly for me at the moment. It is, for that reason, that I am looking at the Moist-N-Aire and the CO II XL. Do you have any info on those units?

Totally understand about the cost issue.

I do not have any experience with the Moist-N-Aire.
The CO II XL is a very good unit, but as stated you may have trouble keeping even RH throughout the humidor. What you can do is use the CO II XL and get some beads to keep in different areas of the humidor. That way if you find the bottom of the humidor for example is 68%, but the top is 60%, you can through some bead in the top and that will help even out the humidity.
Or if the area near the unit is too high, you can through some dry beads in that area to help absorb some of the humidity.

Dave

Sometimes it is better to save your money up and get the right piece of equipment. You have an investment in your cigars, why not in how you store them?

Whatever you end up doing keep some beads in there to keep it stable!

Good luck with you decision.

Beads. I have the same humi at home and I use Heartfelt beads and Oust fans - that is all. You can go on fleabay and buy the fans in lots of 6 which is more than enough for that humi. I had been using computer fans but they seemed to move too much air. The right amount of beads will regulate the humidity throughout the height of the tower, if a certain section gets to high or to low - just adjust the amount of beads in that section.

Any questions - PM me.

Cheers ! KR

Thanks for all the info.