• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Lars Tetens Tesshu Deluxe D1

huskerMike

Thanks to wileguile for sending me these to review. Sorry it has taken me so long to do this. I have been taking care of my son who has been home sick with the flu. Here is my little review.

Pre light - Well constructed. Solid with an unfinished foot. Cut without tearing. Easy draw. Very strong perfume scent. I’ll admit, it took a while for me to put the aroma aside and torch it.

Light - Upon lighting I found that the oils and perfumes do not seem to affect the tastes I experience. The easy draw produces mouthfuls of thick smoke.

Flavor - The first couple of draws I don’t get too much except a creamy sweetness. Soon after, the flavors start to come through. Each draw brings on different sensations from the sweetness to a spicy tingle and an herbal, woody under tone. This lasts to the last inch where it became a little harsh.

Burn - Really good burn all the way through. I didn’t have to touch it up at all.

Summary - This was a very enjoyable smoke. I can see how people can get hooked on them. I know that they are out of my personal budget range or I would stock a humidor (one of their own) with some. If you can get past the strong aroma, these are good cigars, IMHO.

Remember, they're not all in that $ range. A Tetens Ringer is about$3.00 and a great smoke too. My Shortys are around $12. Glad to see you enjoyed it. :thumbs:

d1's, baby. that's what i've been sayin, man. and leproxinetes, too. those 2 are my favorite cigars, second to none, not even my isom's.

I don't think I would choose one of these over some of my more favorites. They do make a really good change of pace, though. :thumbs:

I still smoke ISOM's, but I can't get through a day with out a Lars

Oh man, the D1- what shall I say.

Wow!! Hows that?

I saved the D1 to the last, because I heard it was the most powerful. And power is what I got. The other Lars have had a very nice tobacco taste with hints of herbal. This baby slammed me with the herbal from the git-go. I have this habit of inhaling small little puffs of cigars from time to time. But if your new to the Lars line, let me NOT recommend that?

I still feel the hard tug on my lungs. That puppy is brutal, it takes no prisoners and makes no apologies.

Having said that, I love it. This is a great smoke when you want a buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :D

I feel like a 70s teen again :cool: :0 :lookup:

I can see how these things can have an almost cult like following. They are so different from other gars, but yet they are very tasty. I still won't give up Perdomo, CAO, Fuente and the like, but I will enjoy one of these whenever the opportunity arises

I agree, Puro. They are very different from the so called "main stream" cigars. I won't give up my regular faves. I will put the torch to one of these occasionally, though. :thumbs: