• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Last 4 standing are the last 4 who won the Stanley

Nimrod

Time to rethink my everything
I'm happy to see the Kings and BlackHawks make it this far.

As for the season, I didn't watch a single regular game.  Was it the strike?  Partially.   I had no idea they started playing again.

Where are the King fans?

coopsdeloops said:
Screw chicago. Im bitter.

Same here. But, the Wings did have a lot of chances to knock Chicago out. I'm still mad though.

The Coupe Stanley will be won by whomever wins the Eastern Conference finals. You heard it here first.

Doc

Yeah, Chicago sinks and Swift is arguably the best net minder in the playoffs right now.

At least the Bruins are not in it. So I have no favorites.

I noticed in the other threads, people said they lost interest because of the strike.

Was it the strike or was it because your team sucks ass?

With the economy the way it is, and will be, you can expect strikes from all types of ball games.  In other words, get used it.   Adjust and accept.

It was a lock-out, not a strike. Big difference.

Doc

Devil Doc said:

Doc

Thank you.  The correct term is Lock-out, but the end result is the same.  No games being played.
It seems every sport is going through contract disputes where it has now become the norm.

Back to Detroit.  Are they now in the East?

Nimrod said:

Doc

Thank you.  The correct term is Lock-out, but the end result is the same.  No games being played.
It seems every sport is going through contract disputes where it has now become the norm.

Back to Detroit.  Are they now in the East?

Yep, Detroit is going to be in the East next season.

Wow, I did not realize that.  I don't know how I feel about that as they are a major rival for Colorado.  Although the Avs have played like shit lately and the Wings have made the postseason working on 23 years.

The fact between a strike and a lockout is a moot one because there is only 1 looser.  The fans.  That is why I love the NFL so much, they do it right.

ilikefishes said:
Wow, I did not realize that.  I don't know how I feel about that as they are a major rival for Colorado.  Although the Avs have played like shit lately and the Wings have made the postseason working on 23 years.
o
The fact between a strike and a lockout is a moot one because there is only 1 looser.  The fans.  That is why I love the NFL so much, they do it right.

Well that statement shows a complete lack of understanding of labor relations and not to mention that the big losers were the folks who work at the rinks selling dogs and beer. As a fan, I didn't lose squat.

Doc

No doubt, the Red Wings have played better overall in the past 20 years than any team in the West.  Where it helps Detroit is the amount of time to travel.  It will add hours to their day.  Let's hope they become soft.  :thumbs:

ilikefishes said:
Yeah, Chicago sinks and Swift is arguably the best net minder in the playoffs right now.

At least the Bruins are not in it. So I have no favorites.
This post lost me. Help a brother out....

Sorry, didn't see this thread until today.  Kings fan here, as most of yous know.  My love of the NHL took a major hit at the beginning of the season but here I am, still watching the games (still have spent an absolute minimum amount of $$$ on Kings stuff, true to my word).  Things haven't gone as swimmingly for the Kings as they did last playoffs but here they are, in the WC finals.

Chicago will be tough.  It's gonna be a minimum 6 game series.  I have a healthy respect for the Hawks....however, I saw enough defensive breakdowns between the Hawks and Wings that I know the Kings could exploit greatly if their offense is clicking.  I'll admit that I don't know too much about Chicago's defense but I'm giving a slight edge to the Kings.  With Greene back and Regher in for Mitchell, you have two bruising stay at home d-men.  You also have the ever-solid Scuderi, and the swift puckmovers in Doughty and Voynov.  Hopefully Muzzin can have a good series and keep the rookie mistakes to a minimum.  Goaltending I'm giving the edge to the Kings with Quick, although I have seen Crawford play lights out before, so that's a worry.  The offense is what really scares me about Chicago.  Kane, Toews, Hossa, Sharp?  Damn, that's a whole lot of skill.

I think the key to the series will be which team can kick it to the next level.  Both teams are capable of it and the Kings have yet to reach the same intensity they had last playoffs.  If the Kings can get their offense clicking, their hits bruising and punishing, their forecheck furious, and stay out of the box, they can take it in 6 or 7.  First things first, get a split in Chicago this weekend.

I'm rooting for my Kings but really any one of these 4 teams can be favored.

^^^This man, he gets it! Why aren't you on my friends list?