• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Lawyer gets it in the END!!

crash0473

This is the best lawyer story of the year, decade and probably the
century.

A Charlotte, NC, lawyer purchased a box of very rare and expensive cigars, then insured them against fire among other things. Within a month having smoked his entire stockpile of these great cigars and without yet having made even his first premium payment on the policy, the lawyer filed claim against the insurance company. In his claim, the lawyer stated the cigars were lost "in a series of small fires." The insurance company refused to pay, citing the obvious reason: that the man had consumed the cigars in the normal fashion.

The lawyer sued....and won!:(

In delivering the ruling the judge agreed with the insurance company that the claim was frivolous. The Judge stated nevertheless, that the Lawyer held a policy from the company in which it had warranted that the cigars were insurable and also guaranteed that it would insure them against fire, without defining what is considered to be unacceptable fire," and was obligated to pay the claim. Rather than endure lengthy and costly appeal process, the insurance company accepted the ruling and paid $15,000.00 to the lawyer for his loss of the rare cigars lost in the "fires."

NOW FOR THE BEST PART...

After the lawyer cashed the check, the Insurance company had him arrested on 24 counts of ARSON!!!! With his own Insurance claim and testimony from the previous case being used against him, The lawyer was convicted of intentionally burning his insured property and was sentenced to 24 months in jail and a $24,000.00 fine. This is a true story and was the 1st place winner in the recent Criminal Lawyers Award Contest.

ONLY IN AMERICA!!
:sign: :sign: :sign:

:0 If that's not the most beautiful thing I've heard in days, I don't know what is. Thanks for the laughs.
R/ Muley

Guys, I certainly would not put anyone down or attempt to burst anyones bubble, but after seeing this story posted as a true story here as well as other boards (not to mention getting it in my e:Mail a number of times) I feel the need to post this URL:

http://www.snopes.com/business/genius/cigarson.htm

This says basically the same thing as every other Urban Legend site.

It is a funny story, it was made into a very funny song, but it never happened

Ooh, Ooh, PB, did you say something? I'm sorry. I couldn't hear you because I was ROTFLM Tail O. Just a minute, let me wipe the tears out of my eyes, and blow the milk from my nose!

:sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign:

Hope you see this as it was meant - to be funny.

R/ Muley

Oh, trust me, I do see it as very funny. :p :D :0 :sign:

It is just that I work in the computer industry, and I get stories in e:Mail and see them posted all the time, and they are supposed to be true, but most of them are not. Just wanted to make sure you guys knew that while it is quite funny, it is also quite false. Maybe you already knew it, maybe you didn't. Maybe I shouldn't have said anything at all, but I have this nasty habit of checking these things out on the Urban Legand Sites and pointing out the ones which are false. I do this so that these things will stop being circulated as fact, and maybe be labled as fake instead, not to stop the circulation of the stories.

Hey, I'm with you. I do the same thing about rumors. A wise man told me once (before the advent of email, so just substitute read for hear) "Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see."

I think the right thing to do is to let people know when a "true" story is actually false. I'd hate to see a CPer believe it then try to commit arson and get paid :0 (Did I just say that?)

But anyway, I digress and pull us away from the humor......

Muley said:
But anyway, I digress and pull us away from the humor......
Not at all my friend, I do believe you may have just added TO the humor. :D :p :thumbs:

Gee wheez guys, It's just something funny that was sent to me. I personally did not care if it was true or not. I just thought it was funny so i posted it for y'alls enjoyment. Good GOD to a chill pill! :p

Thanks Muley I guess you were the only one who wasn't too up tight to get the humor out of it.

It was pretty funny! :sign: :sign: :sign:

Woaaaa on the chill pill Crash...... its a funny story alright! The way it was posted made it seem like it actually happened and some of the people that have been on this forum for awhile have seen it more than once.....no slam there..... just pointing out it didn't really happen and was discussed before. ;)

I have seen it a couple of times before, yet every time I see it, it still makes me chuckle. :p

Crash0473, don't take anything TOO serious around here. A good "ball bustin'" every now and then is good for the soul!!!! LMAO!!!!

SKYDIVNEKD :sign:

SKYDIVNEKD said:
A good "ball bustin'" every now and then is good for the soul!!!!
I don't know about it being good for the soul (or even the body for that matter :D ) but it sure makes that post forum cigar taste

mmmm mmmm goooooood.

I don't know about yours Crash, but mine have been busted enough around here that I doubt they will ever be round again. :D But it is still a lot of fun around here. I did not intend to be Uptight, just thought maybe you thought it was true, and wanted to make sure you knew it wasn't. Trust me dude, I was reeled in by that one the first time I read it. It was two days before I discovered it as a Hoax.

I don't know about you guys, but I think the whole thread was funnier the just the story!

You guys are just too much :D :D

Dave ;)

In a BUSTED NutShell!

:sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign:

Sorry, I just couldn't let it die it's happy little death. :D

Sorry guys just a little defensive!???

It was the first time i actually posted a topic instead of replying to everone elses.

Trust me usually things just slide off me. They've got to in the line of work I'm in. At my office busting balls is a daily ritual. :)

So, I guess that means Crash is a Urologist?

:sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: