• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Leaking humidor...

DemonR6

BBQn, Smokin & Ridin
Well, I have come to the conclusion that my cabinet is leaking humidity. What are you suggestions for materials to seal the doors on this. I was thinking a thin weather stripping. Any other suggestions?
Here is the humidor I am using....
17258690_640.jpg

I would go with the seal that NullSmurf used on his Cabidor. How long have you had the humi?

Well, I have come to the conclusion that my cabinet is leaking humidity. What are you suggestions for materials to seal the doors on this. I was thinking a thin weather stripping. Any other suggestions?
Here is the humidor I am using....
17258690_640.jpg
I always suggest sailmakers wax. It comes in a puck shaped disk. Lightly rub one each contact surface until there is a light coat on each side. We are talking just enough to still see through the coat and see the grain. Then take out all the cigars and bag them up. Re-season the humidor. Once it is at where you want it, add the cigars.

If this doesn't work, you can try again. Remember you want really thin layers. Which means really light pressure.

Emo

There is a type of weather seal that is a thin stip of fuzzy material, when compressed it is 1/16 of an inch thick. That should do it if the wax doesn't.