• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Learned a valueable lesson today.

Snoozer

I have a 70ct desktop thats pretty much full. In the winter it's obviously harder to keep the humidity. I'm wetting my beads every couple days but that's no big deal here in January. Anyway, I've always laid the tube on the right hand side of the humidor and since I finally have a humi thats pretty much full for the first time I didn't take into account that the cigars on the bottom to the far left might not be getting the same humidity as every where else. :blush:

Well today I was recognizing for the first time in a while and sure enough, I've got about 6 or 7 sticks that are pretty damn dry near the foot. :( Luckily they are mostly JLP's and a few other cheaper sticks since I keep the money ones at the top. ;)

So now I rearranged the humidor and placed the tube alongside the front of the humidor. Lesson learned I suppose. ;)

Snoozer thankx for the post. i never thought about it before i've been keeping my gel on the rightside too. i'm going to check on my sticks and move thing around now.

Snoozer, you might want to do a sweep of your local Home Hardware's, Canadian Tire's, Loblaw's, etc., for an "Oust" fan. The specific model you want is this one: http://www.heartfeltindustries.com/products.asp?cat=58 (They were discontinued over a year ago, and the smaller Home Hardware's seem more likely to still have one on the shelf - at least that was my experience in Ottawa.)

The Oust fan is just about perfect for moving air (i.e., humidity) around inside a humidor. Might be a bit much for a 70 ct but works great in a coolerdor. Just don't use the air freshener part inside the humidor! :laugh:

The Oust fan is just about perfect for moving air (i.e., humidity) around inside a humidor. Might be a bit much for a 70 ct but works great in a coolerdor. Just don't use the air freshener part inside the humidor! :laugh:

the air freshener will make your acids taste better though.

I don't think your humidor is sealing very well. Tube placement in a 70ct humidor really shouldn't matter. I see where you said you're adding water to it every couple of days. That's way to often for a good sealing humidor, imo. I have a tupperware container that seals tight and I only put water into the beads every 2-3 months. I'm sure people with coolers are even less. I'd be looking at the seal of your humidor or maybe the way you seasoned it for the real issue. :)

I don't think your humidor is sealing very well. Tube placement in a 70ct humidor really shouldn't matter. I see where you said you're adding water to it every couple of days. That's way to often for a good sealing humidor, imo. I have a tupperware container that seals tight and I only put water into the beads every 2-3 months. I'm sure people with coolers are even less. I'd be looking at the seal of your humidor or maybe the way you seasoned it for the real issue. :)

I'm starting to wonder that myself, it isn't the greatest humi but it seems to hold humidity fairly well in every other season except winter but I'm starting to think the seal isn't great. I am moving to a cooler soon so this shouldn't be a problem then.

Thanks.

It's good to keep your humidifier in the very middle or rotate it from corner to corner. It's a valuable lesson. Thanks for sharing. Just leave those dry sticks alone. They will catch up eventually.

-Gianni-