• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Leather Cigar Holders/Cases

Setren

I've been looking (now that I've kind of got a coolidor down) at possibly getting a leather cigar case or holder for me to use when I carry around a few cigars to local places and whatnot. I'm wonder if anybody has any that they could suggest? Preferably, I'd like something which has a mini-humidifier or space to put some humidifier in it, but that's not a requirement as I don't guess that having a cigar outside of the humidor for a couple of hours will really harm to cigars.

Oh, and it really doesn't have to be leather, either. Just so long as it's not atrocious and it does the job well.

Thanks for the help!

I was given a Xikar Envoy case as a gift, that's what I use now. I do wish it was a little smaller but if you're gonna carry around 3 cigars there's going to be a size issue.

I really like it though, it'll hold almost any stick, it's lined with cedar on the inside... and it won't crush. I've seen 2-finger leather cases but they don't seem as rigid... but I think I might still try one at some point just to carry 2 sticks because it'll fit into my pocket more easily.

I was given an envoy as a gift, and I love mine! I don't know that I would buy one myself though. It seems a little high for what they are. The otter boxes are cool too, although they aren't as pretty or easy to carry around if that is what you're after.

D

I just received this today due to a Thompson Auction snafu
BuffaloHornTipped3FingerLeatherCase.jpg

It's a 3-finger case and I don't see me carrying it everywhere because of its size. I live in Phoenix so wearing a jacket isn't always neccessary. But it shore is purdy :D
Hey Ounceman, did you season the cedar of your Envoy?

I actually didn't season mine. I thought about it but it didn't make much sense to me. At best I'd use it on weekends to go places, but it would be going a week or more at a time with no humidification at all so wouldn't it pretty much return it to an unseasoned state after a few days?

I could be wrong though. But I think it's not meant to keep sticks in for more than a day or two and a cigar outside of a humi for that long should be fine to smoke imo.

That reminds me though, to the original poster, that you could fit a boveda pack in the envoy with a coupel sticks with no problem should you need to go for more than a couple days. I haven't done this myself though.

Do a search for the "Havana Pocket Humidor". It's exactly what you're looking for. I've had mine, going on 3 years and I use it everyday. Also, the cutter that comes with it still cuts my cigars perfectly.

Le Tube III

From Little Havana Cigars......

Tim

I was gifted a 5 ct. "Her-A-Dor" from a fine BOTL, and I use it for everything. If I'm going somewhere to smoke, I'll take it. If I am at home for the week and don't wanna open my humi, I'll plan my smokes out and put 5 in that I am going to smoke and leave it. It's pretty nifty and they retail around 20 clams.

I use the bags that I get from local shops. Save the $$$ from buying this and buy more cigars! :D

I've been looking (now that I've kind of got a coolidor down) at possibly getting a leather cigar case or holder for me to use when I carry around a few cigars to local places and whatnot. I'm wonder if anybody has any that they could suggest? Preferably, I'd like something which has a mini-humidifier or space to put some humidifier in it, but that's not a requirement as I don't guess that having a cigar outside of the humidor for a couple of hours will really harm to cigars.

Oh, and it really doesn't have to be leather, either. Just so long as it's not atrocious and it does the job well.

Thanks for the help!

Atoll - Fuente case.

Or

Davidoff

I have the Black and Red Atoll (I may be selling one :whistling: ), as well as a black Davidoff case.

Try to get one that's lined.

Cedar lined is ok and retains some humidity (if it's seasonrd)...but I also like a soft leather lined case.

The other thing to do is save some 'tubos' and keept the smokes in them when you travel.

Heres my vote for a leather cigar holder.

red-leather-095.jpg

I just remebered this one, and if I were going to buy one, it would most likely be that, unless I could find the Opus X one.

Atoll - Fuente case.

Or

Davidoff

I have the Black and Red Atoll (I may be selling one :whistling: ), as well as a black Davidoff case.

Try to get one that's lined.

Cedar lined is ok and retains some humidity (if it's seasonrd)...but I also like a soft leather lined case.

The other thing to do is save some 'tubos' and keept the smokes in them when you travel.

Thanks for the suggestions. A bit over my price range, though. xD

The Havana Pocket Humidor looks interesting, though. Not very pretty, but it seems to be stock-full of functions.

Leather would be nice, though. Seems like Xikar's one is pretty good for that.

You need a simple leather 3 count carry case, I use mine often when I'm away from home. I also have the 3 count hard case with the little humidification thing.
It's not what you want to use for short term IMO, you will just end up wetting your cigars.

You don't need humidification. In fact, this is a good time to "dry box" your next smoke. Unless of course, you live in a place with high RH.
The point is...this is a day or half day carry case, right? KISS.

Brian