• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Leaving the cigar business

uptown_isy

The Man Uptown
It is with a little sadness but much excitement to report to you all that I'm stepping out of the cigar biz. Some of you have known I'm leaving, since my decision was made about 2 months ago. I'll be moving back up north (NJ/PA area) to launch a new venture with my brother in the aviation industry. This is hardly a good-bye, since I'll probably be spending MORE time on CP to stay connected with most everyone here. As much as I love this industry, the opportunity presented to me is one that I'd be a fool to pass up. I thank Rod and Cigar Pass for introducing me to the camaraderie that made working in this industry the most fun I've ever had in ANY industry I've ever worked in. To my customers here on CP, thank you all for your business and loyalty to my family's cigar business. And to my very close friends that I made right here on CP, I look forward to seeing you all way more often than I have in the last 2 1/2 years. I will keep you all posted but I fully expect to return to this industry in some capacity soon, but it will be on a part-time basis. Again, thank you all and I look forward to seeing you all more often right here on CP!

With all my gratitude,

Israel
israel@uptowncigar.com (I am keeping this email for the foreseeable future)

Good luck in your future endeavor Israel. If you make it into PA maybe we can have a stick or two.

Good luck in your future endeavor Israel. If you make it into PA maybe we can have a stick or two.

Absolutely! I'll be spending a lot of time in Philly, NYC, and Casa de Ironpeddler! We'll make it happen.

Thanks for all you've done for us here, Isy! Glad you'll be sticking around, but we'll miss you in the biz!

Sorry to hear about this Isy, but good luck in the new venture.

Good luck, Isy. Thanks for taking care of all of us here, especially the noobs who knew not what they wanted. Are you out of the business effective immediately? I'll put in one more order with you if there's still time as a way to say a final "thanks".

Isy - Best of luck with the new business! Sometimes you enjoy a hobby even more when it's not a business, so I'm sure you'll we'll see more of you. :)

Thanks for all of the deals you've provided the community over the years. :thumbs:

Thanks for the well wishes, all. It has really been a pleasure doing business with all of you. And Rod....while I joined several forums when I got into all this, CP is the ONLY place I called home. I thank you for making me feel so welcome and for allowing me to make this place my home.

Thanks for all you've done here, Israel, and happy you'll still be here. I'm sure you will enjoy your foray into the exciting world of aviation... good luck!

Israel, I want to wish you the very best in your new venture. Thanks a ton for everything you've done for me and the community, and I look forward to hearing all about the new opportunity. Now that you're going to be in the NJ / PA area, I can look forward to hooking up with you at "Uncle Gary's" sometime in the not too distant future.

The very best regards - B.B.S.

Holy cow! I don't know what to say. Good luck in your new ventures, Isy!

Isy like I said to you a couple months back I wish you all the luck in the world in your new life adventure! I thank you greatly for everything you have done for myself and the community. I at least still hope to see you annually at the QSH!

Good luck and travel safe,
Paul

Thank you all! And you'll definitely be seeing me at not only future QSHs, but sporadic cigar events throughout the NE. I will never be too far away from all this.

Forget it. You ain't selling me an aircraft.

Doc

Absolutely! I'll be spending a lot of time in Philly, NYC, and Casa de Ironpeddler! We'll make it happen.

Just make sure you don't forget to bring some beer with ya' when you come over :laugh:

Safe journey driving up tomorrow.