• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

legal advice....

Poronico

Ridentem dicere verum quid vetat " Horace "
As most of you know I was recently in a motorcycle accident, i suffered some bumps and cuts and cracked ribs but all is well as far as bodily harm goes. On a more sour note though my insurance company had taken my debit info over the phone and said I would be covered the next day. 3 days later WHAMO! I am the victim of 4 illegals in a work truck, who speed off after for all they know killed someone. I get a call from the insurance lady after I get out from a 5 hour stay at the hospital. The police call them to verify coverage, come to find out she dropped the ball and never ran my claim so no insurance. we will skip the nasty details leading to the next climactic point. I get pulled over on my motorcycle for a busted tail light and recieve 6!!! tickets from the officer... who said he was taking it easy on me, because no one notified me that my plate, registration, and license had been suspended for driving without insurance... Does anyone have any legal advice or experience with any situations remotely close to this one.... i am desperat... this is going to be the death of me

Thanks for all your support and help through all of this

Poronico :love:

Wow, that sucks. Do you have any docs or information saying you called the insurance company? Cell phone records? Since they dropped the ball, my thinking is the insurance company should cover all costs. A lawyer might be your best bet.

Glad to hear you're okay...

That sucks man, sorry to hear it. Glad your ok......

Sounds like a lawyer would be your next option. I also agree trying to get cell phone records or anything that would give you proof of getting hold of the insurance company AND them saying they will get you covered is a great idea. If it is a large company they should have a recording of the call.

As most of you know I was recently in a motorcycle accident, i suffered some bumps and cuts and cracked ribs but all is well as far as bodily harm goes. On a more sour note though my insurance company had taken my debit info over the phone and said I would be covered the next day. 3 days later WHAMO! I am the victim of 4 illegals in a work truck, who speed off after for all they know killed someone. I get a call from the insurance lady after I get out from a 5 hour stay at the hospital. The police call them to verify coverage, come to find out she dropped the ball and never ran my claim so no insurance. we will skip the nasty details leading to the next climactic point. I get pulled over on my motorcycle for a busted tail light and recieve 6!!! tickets from the officer... who said he was taking it easy on me, because no one notified me that my plate, registration, and license had been suspended for driving without insurance... Does anyone have any legal advice or experience with any situations remotely close to this one.... i am desperat... this is going to be the death of me

? Why were you driving a motor vehicle without proof of insurance and what were the 6 tickets?

Good thing you're alright.

Now on to the nitty gritty...

1) Consult a lawyer, personally.

2) Your first accident should be covered by insurance, presuming everything was processed. If the lady never ran the claim, get on her ass, you are (were) a paying customer.

3) Your hit and run has a 99% chance of never being resolved, sorry man, that's just how it goes.

4) The 6 tickets recieved from the gridlock can be contested, but further information will need to be reviewed. Yes , he was taking it easy on you, seriously. In all honesty though, there is a HIGH probability you will lose. Refer back to #1.

Hire an attorney yesterday.

ditto!!!

To do anything else would be extremely foolish!!
X3. Lawyers are assholes until you need one. Then he/she is your best friend. Talk to your family attorney (or a recommendation of a friend) and get a reference for someone who specializes in insurance claims. It may set you back a bit if you're under a financial strain but long term - financially and mentally you will be so much more satisfied. And be 100% sure you are totally comfortable with him or her. Peace of mind is priceless!

And once you hire the lawyer don't say a word about anything unless your lawyer okays it. If the insurance company asks you a question, say "I'll have to talk to my attorney" or "Please discuss this with my attorney."

Good luck.

P.S: I say this from experience.

ditto!!!

To do anything else would be extremely foolish!!
X3. Lawyers are assholes until you need one. Then he/she is your best friend. Talk to your family attorney (or a recommendation of a friend) and get a reference for someone who specializes in insurance claims. It may set you back a bit if you're under a financial strain but long term - financially and mentally you will be so much more satisfied. And be 100% sure you are totally comfortable with him or her. Peace of mind is priceless!

And once you hire the lawyer don't say a word about anything unless your lawyer okays it. If the insurance company asks you a question, say "I'll have to talk to my attorney" or "Please discuss this with my attorney."

Good luck.

P.S: I say this from experience.

This is all the advice you need in this matter...

Good luck to you.

Good thing you're alright.

Now on to the nitty gritty...

1) Consult a lawyer, personally.

2) Your first accident should be covered by insurance, presuming everything was processed. If the lady never ran the claim, get on her ass, you are (were) a paying customer.

3) Your hit and run has a 99% chance of never being resolved, sorry man, that's just how it goes.

4) The 6 tickets recieved from the gridlock can be contested, but further information will need to be reviewed. Yes , he was taking it easy on you, seriously. In all honesty though, there is a HIGH probability you will lose. Refer back to #1.

Read #1.

Call me. I may be able to give you some assistance and point you in the right direction.

Jason A. Ewing
Law Offices of Alan M. Laskin
1810 S Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
(916) 329-9010
jewing@laskinlaw.com
www.laskinlaw.com

Do you have any docs or information saying you called the insurance company?

That's why you should stay away from Geico, E-Surance, Etc. I don't see how people just think they are covered by "quote, buy, print". Those little cards say there is no coverage till processing is complete ;)

Ditto MMM.

Now, I couldn't tell from your paragraph, but if you PAID for insurance (atleast in the great state of TN) then you are covered. (In TN) If I were to tell someone they are covered over the phone and collect payment, they are covered by the company I write for, and also if it's a mistake on my part my E&O (Errors and omissions) would cover you and it'd be my fault. (again, that's in TN, I don't know how AZ works)

I would go to court (with my lawyer) about the tickets, you'll have to probably pay out, but you don't want that stuff on your record. Trust me ;)

The problem was that i didnt pay for the claim because she never ran my debit card. I talked to her thursday, friday i was supposed to get coverage and proof would be mailed to me since i work from 4 am till 6 pm. She dropped the ball and called me back and left a message which said i did not have coverage after my accident. so no docs, i have talked to 4 lawyers and i am getting black and white responses either YES GO AFTER THEM " but we need 2500 for a retainer " or " not enough proof sorry can't help you ". I talked to her boss and he " talked " to her and they concluded together that it was my fault for not following up with them.... i am gonna be calling JAEwing asap, but it being friday he's not in the office :(