• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Leinenkugel Fireside Nut Brown

Maggs44

I picked up a Leinenkugel variety pack this weekend and one of the beers was the new Fireside Nut Brown. After downing the 3 bottles in the pack over 3 days, I can only say, wow, what a great beer!
I don't drink that many browns, but it is better than my former favorite, Sprecher's Brown Pub Ale.

I am nornmally not great at picking out specific flavors, but this was really a nutty, creamy beer. It took me a few days to pin it down, but after drinking a coffee with a hazelnet creamer it hit me... hazlenut! I had the same hazlenut aftertaste with the coffee as the beer.

Leinies Red was my former fav, but this goes to the top of my Leinies list, and near the top of all beers.

Not sure if this is a seasonal beer or not, but I recomend any Leine fan give it a try.

I'll have to try that.

I'm a big fan of brown ales. A couple of my favorites are Surly Bender and Boulder Singletrack. The Surly might be a little to hard to come by in Milwaukee. I know it is served in WI, but I think it is slowly making its way East. If you ever see it, don't pass it up.

Leinenkugel's has some great beer. I really enjoy the Summer Shandy when I'm out by the pool, but I may have to try this as things get colder.

How ironic, I just had this in a mixed 6 pack and didn't like it at all ... to me the hazelnut flavor was too sweet/artificial, as if someone threw a coffee creamer shot or one of those italian soda shots into it.

If you can find them, I recommend Tröegs Rugged Trail Nut Brown Ale, Bell's Best Brown, Saranac's Season's Best and Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale.

Nick

A little on the sweet side but enjoyable

I have a sweet tooth, so maybe that is why I like it so much... I can see how some would find it too sweet. One thought I had was it was like a beer and dessert in one.

i have to say i find leinenkugel to be garbage. if you want flavor infused beers, gotta stick to the local stuff. it seems that any of the infused stuff that's anywhere close to mass-produced ends up tasting either watered out, artificially rich, or like the vat it was fermented in. here in atlanta Sweetwater makes Blue which tastes like fruity pebbles (there's a leinenkugel that tastes like a sh*tty version of this, forgot the name), and with regard to Browns, our Sweet Georgia Brown Ale is delicious. Keep your local breweries alive! or stick to what's proven, i.e. not the American stuff.