• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Lempira Toro

bchem

I smoked a Lempira Toro tonight. This is a "new" line of cigars at Holt's that's supposed to be a full-bodied "value" cigar. From talking to the sales people at the store, the big-wigs all tasted a bunch of value priced cigars, looking for a cheap, flavorful, full-bodied cigar. This one cost me just shy of $5.00.

Without going into too much detail...very nice, dark wrapper on this cigar. Lit this cigar up very easily, burn was consistent (sp?) and even throughout. Definitely strong tobacco flavor, but nothing special. Very mondimensional/boring, with some bitter flavors throughout. Nothing really changed as I smoked this cigar down. If someone gave this to me, I wouldn't turn it away, but it is definitely more of a "yard gar" than anything else. This will be the first/last time that I take this cigar to a nice pub to have with a scotch. (By the way, this cigar was sitting in my humi for about 5 months or so.) I try not to make decisions about a line of cigars by only tasting one out of the line, however, for this price, I can name 10 other cigars that I thoroughly enjoy for much less than this cigar cost. I'm thinking AF 8-5-8, Mayorga, and JR special corona's, just to name a few.

Overall, not a bad cigar that I would toss, but could definately think of MUCH better ways to spend my money on cigars.

Haven't read/researched much about this cigar, but thought it might be a good heads up for those of you who may come across this one.

Anyone else ever smoke one of these? What did you think?