• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Lent

NiteSeer

I would not call myself a religious person, but I usually give up something for lent. And, I was wondering what my BOTL gave up. I will start it off, I am not eating meat on Wednesday and Friday.

Giving up something for Lent is one of the few traditions I've kept from my Catholic upbringing (now just Christian) - I gave up desserts for the 40 full days. Some years I also do the no meat on Fridays, but not this year...

Giving up something for Lent is one of the few traditions I've kept from my Catholic upbringing (now just Christian) - I gave up desserts for the 40 full days. Some years I also do the no meat on Fridays, but not this year...

I know a lot of people that give up something that don't even go to church, go figure. Makes me want to scratch my head.

Keep in mind, if this topic strays into a debate about religion or religious activities, this thread will be closed. We try to steer clear politics and religion. If it's simply a "what did you give up for Lent" thread, that's fine. Thanks.

Keep in mind, if this topic strays into a debate about religion or religious activities, this thread will be closed. We try to steer clear politics and religion. If it's simply a "what did you give up for Lent" thread, that's fine. Thanks.

I gave up religion. :laugh:

Mardi Gras was a blast this year though. Mardi Gras herf in 2009 anyone?

I gave up going to synagogue.

^
{..}

(my feeble attempt at making an emoticon with a kippah)

oh, and i'm glad to see that no one gave up smoking.

You heard the man!

No meat on Fridays and I gave up Cheep cigars :sign: I also gave up excersise, but the wife says I do not have to go that far :laugh: