• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Let the build begin

Humidor Minister

Many of you know I own a Mobile electronics business, what most don't know is that we do complete customization from clunker to killer. This project is our new shop truck. It's a 98 Tahoe with a 2" body drop, 3 link rear suspension, drop A-Arm front suspension and of all things, a 59 Impala dash. For you motor heads, I thought you might enjoy seeing the build over the next year. |Here is a few pics of day one.
395084557.jpg

395084555.jpg

395084542.jpg

395084553.jpg

Hell...I'd leave it just like it is. It would go well in a lot of front yards around here! :laugh:

LMAO. It'll go even better when it's at the SEMA show in Las Vegas later this year. :cool: Got a lot of work ahead of us to make it though.

It's certainly going to take a lot of time and money to get that thing into show car shape. Are you going to keep it as a promotional item for your business or do you intend to sell it for profit? I'm just wondering if there's actually any money to be made in that sort of endeavor.

It will be a promotional vehicle for my shop for a couple years, then it will be sold. Fortunately I have resources to get almost everything sponsored for the build. We've been in the biz of customizing for 20 years so we have a reputation that the mfg's take interest in. Our last vehicle was just the opposite. It was a 10 foot tall excursion. Did pretty well on that one but we ran over too many cars. Here's a pic.
386147848.jpg

386147474.jpg

386147473.jpg

Nice to see other gearheads on here. Was your old excursion at SEMA a few years ago? Post progress of your build here!

Yea, it was there in 2001 or 2002. I forget, it was a long time ago. This Tahoe will be there this year. I'll keep you guys updated on the build. Sounds crazy but the crew we have here are animals. I'll be doing almost all the fabrication in the interior. We will "getter done" :cool:

Makes me sad to even see a Tahoe abandoned and treated like that. What a great ride they were!

Don't worry my friend. This one is going to be a whole different animal when we're done with it. We have an entire crew of people that are going to be involved in this build. |We're also enlisting a local High school to do the body work. The graphic artist who will paint it is a teacher there in the day and works here in his off time. It'll be a great opportunity for the students to be a part of a build of this caliber. Also give them motivation to further their skills.
Tuesday it leaves to get the body removed so we can powder coat the chassis & chrome some accessories.

When building a vehicle of this level it's always important to know what you're up against. Over the weekend we traveled to the Phoenix area for a big car/truck show. Saw quite a few vehicles that were very impressive. Didn't really take away any new techniques or ideas though. All in all some pretty impressive vehicles. Re affirms what I need to come back and do though.

Naa, just doing what I do for a living.

Anyway, here is the rendition of what it should look like in the end. This picture is used in conjunction with a letter of intent to send to potential sponsors.
395322922.jpg

That is going to be one badass rig when you are done with it. I am hoping to be able to make SEMA this year, I have a couple friends that are going.

If you do, get with me before the show. We can go to Casa Fuente for drinks & cigars. That place is great.

Man that rendering looks awesome! Im sure (judging by your past work) that the final result will look even better!

Just curious, being a design major in college, did you or your company do that rendering yourself? What software did you use?

I've started doing custom motorcycle fabrication/restoration, got a couple project bikes of my own that have been in the works for about a year now. It's so tough to find time and money to work on them being in school and what not. I think it's awesome how your having high school kids help out on it, they must be so pumped up about a project like that! I would be!

I wish I could do the rendering. We contacted KEG digital garage to do the rendering. It runs around $250.00. What's cool is, if we want to make changes, he can do so at any time.