• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Letterman and Paris Hilton

I saw that interview. I could not stop laughing. She had no clue until very late in the interview that he was messing with her. :laugh:

Personally, while I honestly think she's a skank and a tramp, I believe the way he jacked her around was utter and total bullshit.

I know I may be quite alone with this, but it's crapola like that why I don't like late-night TV.

The parakeet comment went right over her head (not surprising)..............the role models of today are truly sad. ???

While I may find her, britney (I'd still hit it :D ), lohan, etc. , attractive, this whole "getting in trouble and getting out of trouble", crap is old. Fuggin' lock them up for a weekend and teach them the rules of life.

Not for nothing, but he was a total bully, it was like watching a football player whack a little kid with Down's Syndrome around. While she deserved every bit of it, it was quite beneath him as a comedian. He lost a few points in my book, is there not a saying about not fighting a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent??..

She is a POS, but he truly looked like an ass in that interview. Maybe they deserve each other.

You guys CAN'T be serious???
That was classic!!! What the heck did she expect? Him to kiss her a*s like everyone else in entertainment?
She got every bit of what she deserved!
I wonder how you would have felt if Paris had injured someone and two months later Diane Swyer had asked her how she felt now that all this was behind her? She is a pathetic media/product Ho looking to manipulate and Dave just said what most people were thinking!
Just my $1.50

Jason - Classic "Someone you met in jail?" TRUE

You guys CAN'T be serious???
That was classic!!! What the heck did she expect? Him to kiss her a*s like everyone else in entertainment?
She got every bit of what she deserved!
I wonder how you would have felt if Paris had injured someone and two months later Diane Swyer had asked her how she felt now that all this was behind her? She is a pathetic media/product Ho looking to manipulate and Dave just said what most people were thinking!
Just my $1.50

Jason - Classic "Someone you met in jail?" TRUE

100% serious. He's just as much trash as she is for the way he handled it. I don't think anyone's kissing her a$$. I think the vast majority of the world thinks she's exactly what I called her in my first post, a skank and a tramp, but that doesn't make what DL did a good thing.

He's just another paparazzi with a microphone in his hand instead of a camera.

Hilarious IMO. Zero sympathy for anything she gets from anyone. I haven't been watching Letterman as of late, but I'll tune in more often now.

snip.... Zero sympathy for anything she gets from anyone. ....snip

Wyatt, I don't think it's a matter of whether anyone feels any sympathy for her or not (and I don't), it's the bullshit way our media works and how it feeds off the unfortunate / stupid of the world.

Personally, while I honestly think she's a skank and a tramp, I believe the way he jacked her around was utter and total bullshit.

This was my initial response, but then I realized that she should have expected this. In the end Letterman is a comedian, and of coarse he will make jokes and comments about her time in jail.

I will say I was impressed with how she behaved. It did take longer than it should have for her to realize what was going on, but when she did she didn't just leave the stage as I expected. And I have also noticed I haven't heard about her in the news since she got out, perhaps the little bit of time she did helped her out.

Don't get me wrong, I have disliked her from the start and will continue to do so, I just have noticed her behavior has changed a little since her jail time.

I was impressed with the degree at which she retained her composure when she was aware that everyone was making fun at her expense.

I don't watch any of this stuff anymore.

Since when did being cruel and mean equate to being funny? (speaking in general here not specifically about this situation) It seems that most comedians anymore are just about shitting all over everyone else and making others look bad. I guess there's a market for it, but not in our house.

There's only one reason celebs go on shows like Letterman or Leno: to get publicity for their latest movie, product, endorsement, etc. It's a "you use me, I'll use you" scenario.

Paris was using Letterman's show to pitch her latest perfume and movie. She obviously wants to portray herself as a savvy business woman and a serious actress. Dave was merely extracting his side of the deal with his interview. If she was a savvy as she wants to portray, she should have seen that interview coming from a mile away. He was right to call "bullsh*t".

Any publicity is good publicity. She's a business women. She has he own clothing lines and other financial assets aside from what her folks gave her. Do you honestly thing she's really that dumb? She rolls with it as long as it keeps getting her face and products out there. Just like Martha's stock skyrocketed with he face out in the public eye. She may be an ivy league brat but I don't think she's dumb and she realises that before that sex tape came out she was nothing. All the sudden the negative attention lands her a TV show, various movies, and part of our daily chats. You cant buy that kind of attention.