• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

LFD Dbl Ligero question

Cigar Penguin

Just curious as to some of your preferances on maduro or natural as well as the size.
I also am curious as to which is stronger and which is more full flavored or has bigger body.

I have not tried the natural yet but I heard the natural is stronger....is this correct?
Usually the maduro variety of a line is stronger,but not always.

One more question;
In your opinions,which vitola of LFD is strongest and/or most flavorful?

Thanks. :rolleyes:

I've actually only had the natural, it seems to have a good kick to it. Maruro's can be a tricky thing, aged one way can provide tons of spice, aged another they can be cool with hints of Co-co. Since you've had the maduro I’m sure you know which one it represents more. If it’s towards the spice side I would say its probably stronger then the natural, if it’s a cool maduro then the natural is stronger.

Hope that mess helps.

I have had a couple of the LFD double ligeros and I would say my favorites are the chisel and the chiselito(sp), althought I have not smoked a LFD that I didnt like yet. I think the maduro has the better flavor, but they are both great smokes imo. Hope this helps a little.

Brandon

I find the maddie chisels to be a bit stronger than the natural's. However, both have great flavor and tremendous strength.

Nick

I've had the natural, but not the maduro.

The natural had a little kick to it! I liked it a lot (especially for the price).

I'll be buying more for sure.

I'm a maduro man. I buy LFD DL M Chisel's by the box, it's one of my everyday favorite semi-cheap smoke. :)

I've actually only had the natural, it seems to have a good kick to it. Maruro's can be a tricky thing, aged one way can provide tons of spice, aged another they can be cool with hints of Co-co. Since you've had the maduro I’m sure you know which one it represents more. If it’s towards the spice side I would say its probably stronger then the natural, if it’s a cool maduro then the natural is stronger.

What's a "Co-co"? :)

It's tricky to generalize, but all things remaining equal in a cigar blend, a maduro wrapper generally changes the taste profile to be a bit sweeter and slightly less spicy than its natural counterpart. Maduro means "ripe"; think of a maduro wrapper as a ripe fruit.

I'm finding the Double ligero line to be really mild any more. I guess I should cut down huh? :laugh:

I had a Dbl Ligero Chisel Natural that completely annihilated me. Going to try a Ligero Oscuro soon and see if that's a bit more mellow.

please excuse my spelling moki I meant cocoa

Smoking a LFD Ligero cigars. Its about the same size as the Chiselito but that isnt what I am smoking. It isnt strong at all but a very good taste to it at this point.

Smoking a LFD Ligero cigars. Its about the same size as the Chiselito but that isnt what I am smoking. It isnt strong at all but a very good taste to it at this point.

The El Jocko perhaps?

Just picked up a natural today.Its pretty much the same imo stregnth wise but the maduro is definately smooth and sweeter tasteing on the palate.
I also picked up a LFD 2000 series natural.