• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

LFD Salomon

Doc Wylie

Curmudgeon
To properly commemorate my recent 60th birthday, I decided to light up a La Flor Dominicana Salomon that I had procured from el alcalde de Kingston NY, Uptown_Isy. He promised me that it would be a memorable smoke and indeed it was. In appearance, the Salomon showed flawless construction..nice oily wrapper..a handsome cigar. The first few draws were nice and easy with lots of smoke. Peppery sensation on the back of the tongue and some slight bitterness. A few more draws and the pepper diminished and I began to detect a bit of sweetness. One inch in and the ash began to lose some integrity and the burn was uneven as it rounded past the widest end of the foot. The flavor was mellowing out. At 1 1'2" the flavor was developing nicely but I was curious as to why it still showed an uneven burn. At 2" the ash was still holding firm. Flavor was still building...still peppery but somewhat "floral" at this point. The ash dropped off and as I approached thehalf-way mark the cigar was in the zone - a steady satisfying flavor that was bold without being overly strong and peppery without being bitter. 3/4" from the band I had to hold back from smoking too fast as it was burning hot and was developing a slightly metallic taste. I could feel a nice nicotine buzz and started thinking about removing the bands. Finally removed both bands and finsihed her off. The Salomon kept her peppery spiciness right to the end. All in all, it was 2 1/2 hours of smoking pleasure! While the Salomon is a bit pricy for an every day smoke, it makes for a fine special occasion cigar.

I really, really liked the Salamones that I smoked, one of the best LFD I've ever smoked. Great review and pics!

Great review. 2 1/2 hrs for a smoke..!!! Now thats my kinda smoke.

Art

**edit because I can't even spell my name correctly.

I agree it is one of the finer smokes Lito has made. I too believe it took me the same time to finish it off.

Glad you enjoyed your birthday smoke! Eric gave me one when I visited him at his shop last summer...I need to think about torching that puppy! Happy birthday!

Over the past few years I've managed to smoke several hundred LFD's and most of the limited or experimental ones. My goal is to smoke at least one of every LFD that's produced. When I struck fire to the LFD Salomone I knew at once I was having a smoke that was very special. The Salomone is by far the best LFD I've ever smoked; with the Small Batch #1 and Small Batch #2's distantly behind it.

Glad you enjoyed the stick, Doc. And I hope you enjoyed your birthday! I think this smoke will end up among the top 3 cigars of the year.