• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Liddel goes down!

LOYD

I had to beat him with his own shoe!
Reaction score
Knocked out in the first round!

Man really expected him to handle buisness...

Back to drinking...lol

Just thought I'd share!

ya, all in all great UFC last night. I really don;t like rampage, but gotta give him respect for taking chuck in under 3 min,
Rob

Thanks for the link. Liddell sure looked pissed that the fight was stopped.

Seth

My son was gonna meet some friends at Hooters to watch this fight.
He asked me how long these fights last. I said it could all be over in the first round.
Now maybe he'll realize how smart his old man is! :sign:

Goes to show ya why UFC is the new up and coming rage replacing boxing and everything. A vet. gets takes down in under 3 mins. Crazy stuff and thanks for the link!

Goes to show ya why UFC is the new up and coming rage replacing boxing and everything. A vet. gets takes down in under 3 mins. Crazy stuff and thanks for the link!

Yep, I'll take a good UFC night over any boxing match. ESPN has recently begun recognizing MMA as well. It's on the rise!

Maybe I don't understand this fight... But there was no tap-out and no pin. Why was the fight stopped?

-Fetter

He was about to get rocked. Sorta like in football they protect th QB. You have to protect that person from serious injury. Sure Chucked looked a little pissed but look at his eyes as he got up. They were everywhere, he had no idea what happened. I even heard him ask a trainer what happened. It may have been a bit fast of a call but I dont think it was a bad one. This is by the way the new trend in UFC. They are trying to go bigger and become widely accepted. Still I think its better than boxing.

Damon

Maybe I don't understand this fight... But there was no tap-out and no pin. Why was the fight stopped?

-Fetter

In the UFC when a fighter is taking punishment and cannot defend himself the fight is stopped.

Seth

When I watch the reply, it looks like Liddell is out or close to it.

C&R

I'm looking fopward to seeing this guy Kimbo fight. There's billboards all over AC advertising this guy fighting some other huge guy. He's crazy. Here's the link should be interesting!

Linky

-Fetter

In the UFC when a fighter is taking punishment and cannot defend himself the fight is stopped.

Seth

I know Liddel...he's tough! He got hit 5 times... Why stop the fight? He had no time to fight back. Guys have had their arms broken in submission holds before and no big deal. But Chuck gets hit 5 times and the fight is stopped? It was rigged...God Damned Las Vegas!!!

I almost forgot about this fight.
Thanks for the update!
I was wanting Liddel to win.............

-Fetter

Chuck got knocked down and if you'll notice, he wasn't able to defend himself. His arms were laying to the side and Rampage was landing blows. Big John or any other ref will stop the fight if one of the fighters is either knocked out or are unable to defend themselves.

-Fetter

Chuck got knocked down and if you'll notice, he wasn't able to defend himself. His arms were laying to the side and Rampage was landing blows. Big John or any other ref will stop the fight if one of the fighters is either knocked out or are unable to defend themselves.

Big John did exactly what a ref should have done, protect the fighters. When Chuck got tagged with the right and went down, he defended until he was hit the 3rd time, then Chuck went flat, and did not defend. If you look at the replays, when Chuck got up, he was asking what happened. Chuck was clearly dazed and not all there.
Props to Big John for stopping the fight when he did, it would have gotten really ugly if he didn't.
Rob

-Fetter

Big John did exactly what a ref should have done, protect the fighters. When Chuck got tagged with the right and went down, he defended until he was hit the 3rd time, then Chuck went flat, and did not defend. If you look at the replays, when Chuck got up, he was asking what happened. Chuck was clearly dazed and not all there.
Props to Big John for stopping the fight when he did, it would have gotten really ugly if he didn't.
Rob

x2 its called a standing knock out and as fighters progress its very common, its good he stopped it because if your in that state and you catch another one it can cause serious damage.

-Fetter

Rob

x2 its called a standing knock out and as fighters progress its very common, its good he stopped it because if your in that state and you catch another one it can cause serious damage.

x3. It was somewhat surprising to see Chuck go down so quickly. He's matured a great deal as a fighter and I expected more out of him.

Thanks for the link. Liddell sure looked pissed that the fight was stopped.

Seth

Look at it again. Liddell wasn't "pissed" - he just didn't know where he was. Watch what happened after the right to the chin. Liddell goes down and attempts to defend (no stoppage). He then gets hit with 1-2 fists to the face and goes FLAT and stops defending himself. This is when the fight was stopped. When he came to, he looked around and didn't known where he was and his eyes weren't focused. He got caught and the fight was justifiably stopped. In post-fight interviews I've seen, Liddell never once questions the call to stop the fight - he knows he got his ass handed to him.