• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Life is good

Gator

About a year ago i was officially divorced after almost 19 yrs of marriage. I was trying to deal with the emotional arse kicking of that, trying to get sober (on my own), and trying to keep my business glued together in light of the economy basically destroying all demand for my product. Many nights i just didn't want to live, wanted to die but couldn't do that to my girls and family. It was UGLY.

Today, almost a year sober, got a great GF of 7 mths, my girls are doing great and the twins got accepted to where they really wanted to go, Appalachian State. Instead of being such a self centered prick, i'm now very involved w/ AA and doing service work, basically helping others. Business is still rough, but that's ok, it is what it is. AA and the steps forced me to deal with my demons and i am now as broke as i've ever been, but also happiest i've been since i can remember. If you would have told me last year i would feel this way i would have laughed a very cynical laugh.

Life is indeed good, and we learn from painful experiences, and it often forces us to do something about it.

Life is indeed very good :)

Life is indeed GREAT. Glad to hear you are doing well. Keep it brother. :thumbs:

Good to hear you're doing well. Lord knows I've been very down before but the hurt any stupid decision on my part would do to my family is something I could never bear to have happen. In life you're up and your down, but it's wise to keep in mind that things are never as bad as they seem and the good times are just around the corner, as they always are!

Keep on keeping on!

Very glad to hear things are well with you Frank! Life is good...as good as it can be!

Glad you've pulled things back together Frank! Keep me informed on when you come up to App State and maybe we can get together...it's only around 2 1/2 hours from me.

Now, how 'bout hangin' around this time instead of popping in once every 6 months or so!

Brian

Good to hear Frank. You had some of us a touch worried.

Happy to hear you are doing well Frank. Keep your chin up. And please remove that scary little Ronald avatar and that ugly football player in your sig tag.
biggrin.gif

Ken

Glad things are working out for you Frank. Things will turn for your business, you just keep loving on your kids and keep your head up high.

Congratulations on turning it around! :thumbs:

Steve

That is the best news I have heard all day. Congrats on turning around a ugly scene. :thumbs:

That is a GREAT story! Congratulations on having the courage and strength required to tackle such an obstacle and come out on the other end a new person!

About a year ago i was officially divorced after almost 19 yrs of marriage. I was trying to deal with the emotional arse kicking of that, trying to get sober (on my own), and trying to keep my business glued together in light of the economy basically destroying all demand for my product. Many nights i just didn't want to live, wanted to die but couldn't do that to my girls and family. It was UGLY.

Today, almost a year sober, got a great GF of 7 mths, my girls are doing great and the twins got accepted to where they really wanted to go, Appalachian State. Instead of being such a self centered prick, i'm now very involved w/ AA and doing service work, basically helping others. Business is still rough, but that's ok, it is what it is. AA and the steps forced me to deal with my demons and i am now as broke as i've ever been, but also happiest i've been since i can remember. If you would have told me last year i would feel this way i would have laughed a very cynical laugh.

Life is indeed good, and we learn from painful experiences, and it often forces us to do something about it.

Life is indeed very good :)

Stay in the middle Frank. Nice to see you posting

Justin

I'm so happy that things are looking up for you, Frank. I'm going through something similar right now and really, really enjoyed reading your story. Congrats on the sobriety and your girls' acceptance!

Smoke something good this weekend, brother. If you can't decide what to enjoy, PM me your address and I'll send you some of my favorites :thumbs:

Jeffrey L.

Bravo!!! :thumbs:

Funny how things have a way of working out. Support can come when and where you least expect it.

I'm so happy that things are looking up for you, Frank. I'm going through something similar right now and really, really enjoyed reading your story. Congrats on the sobriety and your girls' acceptance!

Smoke something good this weekend, brother. If you can't decide what to enjoy, PM me your address and I'll send you some of my favorites :thumbs:

Jeffrey L.
that's very very kind of you, but rather you send that stick to a botl here that may be down in the dumps, or had some bad luck. Thanks again for the offer :thumbs:

And thanks y'all for the kind words :thumbs: