• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Liga Privada No.9 Pre-release

chainer

Hey all, Rob here!

Yesterday and today I picked up what I would consider a rare find in a B&M, a Liga Privada No.9 Pre-release cigar. For those who do not know, basically, these are the same as the Liga Privada by Drew Estate, but with a year or more of age on em. I hosted a small GB of these and managed to keep one for myself. After smoking this 11 dollar stick, I’m tempted to pick another one up, maybe after I get paid.

Pre-light:
Smells just as you have heard… Tobacco and Coconut butter… Reminds me heavily of coconut Thai soup. Cut it with a Xikar. Pre-light puffs don’t deliver too much. Great construction, the wrapper is VERY rugged, you can clearly see the leaves… Looks like it was just rolled for me. It’s very oily.

estate1.jpg

Smokin’ the Liga:

Toasted the foot with a Zippo butane thunderbird insert. First hit, and WOW, this is not like most cigars. Everything I’ve heard about it being coconut flavored is right. Smoke poured out, very silky, very light. At first, I thought this would be a mild smoke. As the stick burned down, the flavor stayed very consistent. 1/3rd through, purged, and continued. Same flavor, but stronger. No spice whatsoever. Hard to really describe this stick… Really easy to smoke, really easy to perform many nasal exhales. No spice or wood to speak of, even after the nasal exhale. As it went to the last 1/3rd, I clipped the end because of some nic buildup. This stick actually gave me a bit of a buzz, it could be because I had an empty stomach. It remained extremely smooth. I didn’t nub this guy for one reason: the heat changed the silkiness of the smoke. If it had some spice to speak of, it would have been great to nub.

estate2.jpg

In the end, this stick is worth the price tag, especially with the age. It is very refined, and it delivers just what you would think it would. As for it being one that I would put in my regular rotation, I do not think so. It lacked many flavors that I attribute to a cigar, but retains a good construction and great quality tobacco. Odd to have this from Drew Estate, but somehow, I could tell it was. If I had the means, I would smoke one of these a month. Worth the price tag, a special type of cigar that is not typical of any other stick I’ve smoked, and I now understand why people were saying that. If you haven’t yet, pick one of these up, and don’t be afraid to put some age on it. :love:

And a little extra picture, my hairy, hairy friend enjoying his second cigar… and third... A Padron 2000 maddie and a Nub habano. Needless to say, I think he is hooked.
sath.jpg

I’m a bad person. :laugh: Hope you enjoyed my newbie review!

Excellent review! Looks like you guys really enjoyed these :thumbs:

You guys sure you weren't smokin' some "funny" tobacco also...????

Indeed... looks like a tasty cigar! :thumbs:

mac

Thanks for the review. These seem like a great occasional alternative to the usual flavor profile we all enjoy.

You guys sure you weren't smokin' some "funny" tobacco also...????

Indeed... looks like a tasty cigar! :thumbs:

mac

Hmm... "So many amendments to choose from... I plead the fiffftthh. One, two, three, four, fifth!" :sign:

i just smoked mine on saturday, after looking at for a week or so the anticipation was just killing me i really wanted to smoke this one on fathers day. This is as decribed in your review a wonderful smooth cigar and it was worth the 11 bucks i spent on it here, i have to get another this week. :thumbs: