• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Liga Privada T-52

NASTY

Cold Fire
I had this cigar resting for a while now and since it was so nice and breezy yesterday, I decided to put it to death. While getting my chair, drink, and getting the music good and loud, I found myself a bit excited. I've been wondering what was so special about this new blend, new wrapper, etc. I noticed on the T-52's band, it says Stalk Cut Tobacco. A quick Google-Fu explained that by stalk cutting and hanging the whole plant upside down, the tobacco retains its oils and saps that seeps down through the stems and into the leaves, which is a very lengthy process. But it helps the leaves develop a more oily and richer texture.
DSCN0888.jpg

As I examined the cigar, I grabbed a Liga Privada No. 9 to compare its size and color. You can't really see it too good in the picture but I noticed that the T-52's wrapper was a little lighter with maybe a reddish hue to it. What do you expect? It's a 5 mega pixel. :sign: The appearance of this new cigar was much like the older Ligas in that it was oily and had a flawless construction.
DSCN0889.jpg

I caught myself admiring the band a little to long. I didn't know if I wanted to light it up or whisper sweet nothings to it. My little one noticed also, she told me "Are you going to smoke that nasty thing or what?" I like how Drew Estates kept the band uniform with the Ligas. The only difference would be the griffin logo is a gold color and it says T-52 instead of a 9.
DSCN0890.jpg

Alright, so after about a half hour or so of cigar admiring and my kids telling me to hurry up, I punched the cap. In the initial draw, I tasted some chocolate, hints of caramel and leather.
DSCN0891.jpg

Once I put the flame to it, earth and cocoa notes are detected and the finish is kind of sweet. The burn is good and even and burning superbly slow. The aroma this cigar is giving off is incredible. As the experience progresses, the sweet finish subsides and here comes the pepper. In typical Liga fashion, the pepper pops up and makes a grand entrance but this one is short lived as it dies down and becomes second string to the cocoa flavor. I remember I kept on looking at the cigar and just thoroughly enjoying the smoke.
DSCN0892.jpg

DSCN0895.jpg

DSCN0896.jpg

Throughout the second and last thirds, the T-52 increased in strength then decreased. It was kind of weird. Most cigars start mildly pick up and then either die down or maintains its strength. I remember taking a couple of pulls and the cigar felt like it was a medium bodied smoke and then the next couple of pulls, the complete opposite; strong and robust smoke. Full bodied smoke followed by medium, full bodied, medium.... This cigar had a lot of Liga Privada in it. I'm not sure if this is a completely different blend. There are a lot of characteristics and reminded me of the regular Liga. Maybe they just added some new leaves to the Liga blend and a dash of EVOO, as my wife Rachael Ray would say.

I fully enjoyed this smoke and can't wait to grab a couple more. Thanks again

Great review, Nasty! :) I've yet to have a Liga Privada, but they do sound interesting with all the buzz around them and whatnot.

Such well maintained nails Los! Is that courtesy of the wife or daughters? :laugh:

I tried a couple of these at the show and found it significantly better than the reg LP9. It is stronger, more tangy, spicey flavor with that coffee bean undertone. A very good cigar IMO. Will be very limited.

where u getting these great liga's from bro, damn met fans always hording shit and still cant make the dance.

edit: by the way good review lol

Los you just topped my luckiest basterd alive list. Nice review of my most awaited smoke, and as much as I hate you, you deserve it brother :laugh:

Great review!!! I had a chance to finally put the flame to one that Isy sent just the other day and it was even better than the #9!

Check out those dark oils! Man what a good looking stick. Thanks for the review. :thumbs:

Great review bro!! Man that cigar looks tasty, wish I could lay my hands on a few of these!! Whishfull thinking... They don't sell them over here!! :(