• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Lighting with a match.

SmokinInCanada

So I picked up acouple packs of wooden matches from the local store, 500 of em for acouple bucks. Anyways I decided to try lighting up a pipe with them today, this would be my first time actually using a match for lighting my pipe. What I noticed is that I went threw about 8 matches and had to reliaght a number of times. So I ask, does anyone here pack their pipes differently depending on what they are lighting it with? I know I packed my pipe the usual way and only have to relight it maybe 1-2 times with my normal soft flame pipe lighter but with matches it seemed to go out alot more. Is this an experiance thing? Maybe once I get used to the matches my pipe wont go out that often? or is it a packing issue?

I don't know. I never notice any difference when lighting with a match. I do use two matches at the same time for the initial light, but other than that, I don't do anything special.