• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Like a kid in a candy store

bilder

Landed a part time gig at a cigar shop in town. Will help to pay the bills between auctions and I am having fun at the same time.

There should be a law against getting paid to do what you love. :thumbs:

Nice!

What could be better?

Maybe a size six lingerie judge?

Congrats on the nice job. Do you really think of it as work?

Congrats man, that's something that I'd love to be able to do on the side! That way the wife can't give me shit for smoking my cigars, I can just say "I'M DOING MY JOB!!" :sign:

Congrats!

Good to see an actual cigar lover will be working at an actual cigar store. The last couple times I been in JR's its always young non cigar smokers in there. Don't know crap about what they have. Used to be the exact opposite! It used to be always filled with older gentlemen who knew most every smoke in the store inside and out.

Congrats man, I've worked for a cigar shop before. What a great Job that was! You really enjoy the job more if you love cigars before you take the job, rather than the other way around. Good luck, not that you need it. :thumbs:

Good to hear things are going well Mike. Are you making the customers bid on the cigars?

Congrats on the cool job!!!

I'm afraid if I had a job like that I would be paying the boss on payday instead of the other way around :sign:

Sound great Mike good for you, I wish there was a B&M closer to the house I can pick up some part-time hours at. just don't blow your whole paycheck on sticks and pipe tobacco.

Wow, this is awesome. There is a B&M down the road that I think would be great to work at. Well, I'm sure there will be many threads in the future talking about your experiences.

-Gianni-

Way to go! By the way, I've got a list... Think you could help a brother out?!? :laugh:

Congrats! I've been wanting to do this for a while but every shop I've asked is never hiring. I sent a resume to a cigar shop ad on craigslist once and never heard back. Kudos to you, it's always nice to go to a smoke shop where you know the employees are cigar smokers themselves!

Way to go! By the way, I've got a list... Think you could help a brother out?!? :laugh:

The taxes up here would make cigars too expensive to offer online, but the boss said he will let me offer humidors and other accessories on the forum from time to time as well as some of the bulk pipe tobacco.

For example, an Opus X robusto goes for 20 bucks up here after taxes. Not the greatest deal in the world, but on the bright side, we are never out of stock. :whistling:

Landed a part time gig at a cigar shop in town. Will help to pay the bills between auctions and I am having fun at the same time.

There should be a law against getting paid to do what you love. :thumbs:
I have a part time gig at my local B&M, Bethesda Tobacco. I love it. Being able to help experienced and new cigar smokers is great. I always get new cigars to try, and I've learned a lot about the people who come to the store. All in all, its the best part time gig I've had.