• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Limited Edition Wrappers

puroman

I have been wanting to put this out here to you guys. Living in the So Cal area and I got to ask, I heard thru a cigar rep, who will remain nameless, that claims Cuba is now using Nicaraguan Wrapper on some of their Limited Editions.

Anyone hear this as well...I think it's BS.

By no means do I know much about sticks from the Island, but I got to call BS. I do know part of being a Habano is being a puro.

I also got to say I don't know if a U.S. based cigar rep. would be the best source of inside info. as far as cubans are concerned.

It's been mentioned that some country is shipping tabacco to cuba...I'll see if I can find the linky. I don't remember if it's disclaimed it or confirmed...but an tricle was just out release to that extent.

The last person I would trust to hear about the inner workings about the Cuban cigar industry is an American cigar rep........well, one of the last persons :cool:

I say there is a 99.99% chance that it is a FALSE, however, it is Cuba, so you never know!

It's been mentioned that some country is shipping tabacco to cuba...I'll see if I can find the linky. I don't remember if it's disclaimed it or confirmed...but an tricle was just out release to that extent.
I remember that it was some family cigar maker in the DR who was claiming he sold wrapper to Cuba. It was posted here a while ago, but you stand a better chance of finding the link than I do.

The last person I would trust to hear about the inner workings about the Cuban cigar industry is an American cigar rep........well, one of the last persons :cool:

I say there is a 99.99% chance that it is a FALSE, however, it is Cuba, so you never know!

Now, if Lew had said it.... :laugh:

Intresting I'll think twice before straying from my non cuban smokes :rolleyes: thanks for the link Charley

Thanks...all the reason more to stick with the non cuban brands...Don't get me wrong, I love my cubans, especially my cuban wife. LOL I thought this might be a little bit of Bull Shit.

Only sticks I could see this being true for, are the new Cohiba Maduros...

The Don Pepin JJ Maduro wrapper 100%

1) Looks like

2) Feels like

3) Gives off the same smell when lit as

4) Tastes like

the wrapper on the Cohiba Maduros

coincidence or does TACUBA have something to do with it?

Back