• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Lito Gomez Diez-Dominican Puro Chisel

fegbri

fegbri
OK, So I was at my local B&M and they said of I like strong, like Opus X, try these. So I did. After about 3 weeks in my humi, I gave it a try.

Being a newb, I asked how to cut this type shape (chisel) and he said you can clip it, or actaully do as intended and punch the bottom. If you punch it will direct the smoke toward your tongue (pretty cool!) So I punched it.

lg1.jpg

Construction: PERFECT. What a gorgeous cigar. Nice wrapper and color.

First 3rd: Hmmm....pretty strong and harsh. Not what I expected from a Dom puro after smoking an Opus X. I can honestly say it was the first smoke to have NO sweetness or creamyness. I read a review that said it was like "a steak at a barbeque"...yes...pretty acurate. Very earthy and leathery.

I paired it with Patron XO coffee liquour which was a good idea to add the missing sweetness.

2nd 3rd: Woow...wait a minute...I am starting to like this. A spiciness of white pepper/leather/earthiness. Starting to become VERY mellow and not harsh. Paired with my drink it was like a smoked mesquite steak. Could finally exhale through the nose due to it's smoothness.

last 3rd: If you like no sweetness or cream, this IS THE SMOKE for you! I honesly thought I was tasting a smorgasbord of smoked steaks and meats. Not my peticular palate pleaser, but for a different experience, very nice. Never thought I could taste a SMOOTH mesquite steak. And the punch on the bottom of the chisel directing it at my tongue was great! Had awesome smooth spice, not Opus X spice, but a white pepper, pepper steak kind of spice.

Overall: not running out to buy a box, but if I want something other than sweet and creamy, this would be it!!!

lg2.jpg

It's a damn good smoke. In fact the entire Deiz line is excellent. I've alway maintained that the average cigar smoker can't tell the difference between these and Opus. Keep in mind, before you have a conniption fit, the average cigar smoker doesn't belong to places like CP.

Doc.

Scott at the Outlaw suggested I try an LG Diez after eating at Jack Stack, and I must say his advice was spot on. Excellent spicy smoke, perfect construction and all packaged in a neat looking box. Good stuff!

I only recently tried them all, and LOVED them. I think the whole line is awesome, but I prefer the Lusitano.

Haven't smoked one in a long time, but the OR knocked me on my ass!!

Doc is spot on.

Both are Puro Dominican and estate grown.

Both are great cigars

I'll have to try these, as I've recently been jazzed by the LFD line (cabinet oscuros in particular). Reminds me that I once had a RP Edge that reminded me of beef jerky. At the time, I hated it. Maybe I should revisit.

Nice review and pics! I've only had one of these and I enjoyed it very much. Also don't know that I'd throw down on a box but now I think I might have to pick a couple more up.

Was this the new 2008 edition, or the older ones that came in cabs of 50? The newer blend comes in box of 24.

I have appreciated Litto's cigars and am really looking forward to trying his new Diez blend.

I've never had the Chisel, but the Americano is outstanding. I need to replenish my supply of those now that I think about it.

Good review. :)

I like the Oriental. Remove the band on it, and an Opus X No. 5, and then try to guess which one is which.

what's the price point on that stick? sounds delicious. nice review.

what's the price point on that stick? sounds delicious. nice review.
It runs around 10.50. But the best part is, Litto doesn't play the phony rarity game.

Doc.

Indeed! The Limitado and Factory Press are always priced fairly and available at MSRP.

The LG chisel is a great smoke. I highly recommend it if you haven't tried one.