• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Little Cigars

evilphish

Hey gang.

A little background on my vice. I am a cigarette smoker. and i've noticed something. since i started smoking cigars i find them more satisfing i don't inhale them and i am starting to feel better. who would have thought LOL

however during the day when i'm at work i find i still huff down to many cigarettes.

What i am looking for is a small cigar that can be smoked during a 15 minute break. i see a lot of cigarellos at the shops. but most of them are all the gas station brands which when i was in highschool was fine. but now a days i've just become too snobbish to be able to enjoy them :D

Any suggestions? my tastes recently have been gravitating to the medium to fuller bodied cigars.

AF Hemingway Short Stories are my pick; fantastic taste, and fairly available. They last me about 25 minutes, which always leaves me longing for more, so I rarely smoke them. But then again, any time I'm under a time pressure, I don't smoke. I'd rather wait until I have the time to spare, so that I can fully enjoy it.

I use to think that cigar tins were somewhat hokey, but have come to appreciate them as I was introduced to them from a few FOGs around here. I've only tried a few, but have enjoyed the likes of Moonstream by CAO, as well as Havana Honeys. You can't go wrong with either one of them. Ditto wildcard's testimony about shortstories.

I grabbed last weeks JR Specials Bolivar Fuerte 4.50x35 , petites & El Ray Del Mundo, Cafe Noirs 4.50x35 both maduros price was two boxes for $30. Small cigars that totally surprised me with the full body and lucious smoke, deffinately was a good deal. I like to smoke these on the way to my camp about 20 minutes away :love:

Cohiba Clubs are great cuban cigarillos and they taste fantastic.

Ashton cigarillos are good. I can't remember the specific size or name, but there's one box of 20 you can get for about $7 or $8. Great smoke too.

The tins are okay... I keep one of the Eileen's Dream (White Chocolate Truffle, Irish Creme) around for certain occasions, as rare as they may be.

Another vote for Cohiba Club. They are soooo good. They are a very short smoke though.

Don't be afraid of some of the machine made, small Cubans. They're actually quite tasty for a quicky.

I had some Montecruz Negra Cubana Chicos. I got them from JR on sale. Tasted good and lasted 20-30 min. I like them when I drive home from work.

Bill

Not as small as some, and not an ISOM like some of the suggestions but my favorite right now, big or small. The Padron Delicas.

vewyphishy said:
The tins are okay... I keep one of the Eileen's Dream (White Chocolate Truffle, Irish Creme) around for certain occasions
Pansy... :D

I don't know if you've ever tried Acid by Drew Estate, but they now make a Cigarello called Acid Krush. 4 different shades and botanicals. Also, they have some other cigarellos in teh Acid and Natural lines. I've trie dthe C-notes and Krush Maduro and they were decent. But then again I am not partial to smaller cigars since they tend to burn too hot for my taste, but Krush and C-notes were both decent for the size.

-K-

looks like i have some shopping to do this weekend. thanks for the suggestions

I recently purchased some Regalos cigarillos on cigarbid. They came in 5 nice little wood boxes 10 per box, I think I paid $13. As fancy as the packaging looked I didn't expect much at all from the sticks inside.

I smoked one of them Wednesday and the lil' sucker suprised me. What was particularly suprising was the amount of smoke coming out of it. For such a small cigar I could easily get mouthfuls of thick, flavorful smoke. This wasn't an after dinner smoke or desert cigar despite its small size. Construction-wise it wasn't very pretty or smooth. The wrapper wasn't full of veins, but it wasn't smooth either. The cigar felt under filled, which probably is why the surface was uneven. I enjoyed it well enough to smoke it down to about an inch; but it wasn't soo good that I was looking for a corndog stick to use as a roach clip (you know who you are, I loved that story). I took apart the remainder of the cigar after finishing it and saw it was constructed with wrapper, binder, and at least 5 different varieties of short filler.

Do most cigarillos use short filler? I have smoked very few of them, but after these I would be interested in trying others.

Matt

cohiba clubs...i love these when time is short...14 minutes in la 'abana...i go though two or three 20 packs a year.

derrek :)