• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Little Girl Stands in Formation with her Dad

Get in, Strap in, STFU and Don't Touch Nothin!
I found this on another forum I am on. This little girl just didn't want to let go.

LittleSoldierGirl-PaigeinFormation.jpg

Little Soldier Girl "Didn't Want to Let Go"
Four-year old Paige didn't want to say goodbye to her daddy before he was shipped off to Iraq
By VINCE LATTANZIO

A family photo that shows a little girl beside her father and his fellow soldiers in uniform as they prepare to go to war has resonated well beyond the tight knit Bennethum clan.

Four-year-old Paige Bennethum really, really didn't want her daddy to go to Iraq.

So much so, that when Army Reservist Staff Sgt. Brett Bennethum lined up in formation at his deployment this July, she couldn't let go.

No one had the heart to pull her away.

The commanding officer allowed Paige to say goodbye as her dad prepared to ship off from Fort Dix.

Paige's mom Abby captured the moment with her camera and her aunt passed the image along to a Berks County, Pa. newspaper.

"I’ve had strangers looking me up online, sending me messages that they are touched by it ... offering a lot of support," Abby Bennethum told NBCPhiladelphia.

The picture took on a life of its own online this week. Abby says that suddenly, people were knocking on her door. "Literally overnight, there's all these people that just want to do anything they can," she says. Though she says her husband hasn't seen any stories about his family yet, he expects to.

For her part, Paige still remembers how she felt that day in July. Looking at the picture of herself -- her dad now overseas -- Paige remembers, "I didn't want to let go of him."

She calls the work he does transporting supplies across the Iraqi border, "just nice."

But that doesn't change her feelings.

"I just miss my dad right now," she says.

Sgt. Bennethum, 30, is expected home next July. Until then, Paige plans to help her mom take care of her little sister and a new baby that's on the way.

Full Story

I saw this too, it is pretty touching.

Will never stop thinking about the Troops that pertect our country. God Bless you all!!

I...I....I... think something flew in my eyes just now...*ahem*

That was a reality check for me just now......kind of puts my worries in perspective.

thanks for that 360, gonna go check on my littlest one now.

Thank you to anyone who has served our country in time of war or not!

Man, I cannot even imagine. God bless all of our fighting men and women and their families.

My Brother is in Iraq right now with the 336 MP's. Our thoughts and wishes go out to every service man and woman no matter where they lay their head.
We thank all of you active or retired who have served our country!

PJ