• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

"Little Havana" Miami

Scott Bushey

I just came back from Little Havana. On my visit to La Luna (which was closed) I came across Credito cigar factory. I picked up a bundle of their Mad Torps. These are excellently constructed and in my opinion, the red head step child of La Gloria. I love this cigar. I believe the first one I smoked was gifted to me by Coventry Cat. Thanks CC.

Next stop, Tabacalera tropical inc. These are the guys who produce the Cacique line. This is another excellently constructed cigar. Nice oily wrapper with even burn. I have had to put this torp down twice; it got my head spinnin. Taste was delicious.

I was saddened that La Luna was closed for the time I was there. I will have to make another run next month.

Pretty cool environment. Anyone ever been here?

Coincidentall I just posted asking about visiting companies in FL. Whats there? Is it just offices with a shop or is there anything to see?

Scott Bushey said:
I was saddened that La Luna was closed for the time I was there. I will have to make another run next month.

Hiya Scotty

Been to La Luna last month for a herf and had a great time, Gael (the owner of the shop) is a great host.
The next herf is next week, would be cool if you could make it.

Haven't been to south florida for a long time. I enjoy reading the posts from the members there. It sounds like a fun place to live.

Bill

gkpk said:
Scott Bushey said:

Hiya Scotty

Been to La Luna last month for a herf and had a great time, Gael (the owner of the shop) is a great host.
The next herf is next week, would be cool if you could make it.
I would love to attend. When is it. friday evening I will be out of town until Wednesday of the following week.

Scott Bushey said:
I would love to attend. When is it. friday evening I will be out of town until Wednesday of the following week.
YEP
It's this coming Friday.
Oh Well....there's always a next time. :)

Would you let me know when the next one is? I would love to meet Gael and some of the gang from CP!

Yahhhooooo (not a plug) !
My wife tells me we will not be leaving for northern Florida until Saturday morning; that means, I can attend the La Luna herf!!

Anyone have the details?

Indeed, Miami is an incredible place to live. The amount of cigar "factories" that are down here is amazing. You mentioned some outstanding ones, but you always should make an effort to get over to Sosa's , Nick Perdomo's, Padron's, and Rolando Reyes' Puro Indios to name just a few. All but Nick's are in the same generalized area. Nick's (Tabacalera Perdomo) is out in Miami Lakes/Hialeah area.

I hope more people come down to visit this wonderful place, and I hate the fact that not only will my wife and I be out of the country this weekend, but that we'll be missing the La Luna get together as well as Viernes Cultural. :(

This Friday night of course.................. ;) I know that I'll be there! :p

And afterwards (11:30PM) Marta will be rolling cigars next door for the GRAND OPENING of Little Havana's New Premier Afro-Cuban Dance Club. The band playing Friday night consists of some of Marc Anthony's back up band. Marta and I will be there 'till the wee hours of the morning. :thumbs:

C'mon down and join us!