• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Litto Gomez

lordlister

You can observe a lot by just watching
I acquired these fine smokes 6 months ago, when I realized that I HAD to get my hands on some of them. I forget what led up to this dire search, but I was desperate (It may have been Brickhouse's previous review). It seemed like all the good sources were out of them, and I didn't know where to turn. Fortuitously, I found out that Gabe at Sabor Havana Cigars was quietly sitting on a stash, and I pounced. One week later, a bundle of these beauties landed at my doorstep, meticulously repackaged with love in a Padron 1926 box. I wiped my tears away, and stood in awe. They looked like they were crafted from the hands of the almighty Greek god of torcedors, fresh from the oracle at Delphi. These are what cigars are supposed to look like: bold, phalic, and dripping with oils. Half of these exquisite wonders have already succomed to flame. They have all been consistently phenomenal, and todays example lived up to the quality and consistency of it's siblings.

This cigar is quiet hefty, measuring 7x54. Construction is impacable, firm from head to foot with no detectable soft spots. The wrapper is a gorgeous mahogany colour, with a few bold veins running the length of the cigar, and as oily as a the cylinder head of a 1970's Triumph Bonneville.

med_gallery_3211_658_175999.jpg

Clipped the cap and prelight draw was perfect, with hints of maple and leather. Toasted the foot, and the first few puffs provided an opulent mix of complex, harmonious, intertwining flavours. I could appeciate elements of refined sweet leather with hints of both tart and maraschino cherry. There were subtle hints of hazlenut, reminiscent of Dunkin Donuts hazlenut coffee. Certainly a complex array of flavours, and quite full bodied. The smoke was greyish black, and quite ample yet not overabundant. The ash was rugged, grey and black.

med_gallery_3211_658_41663.jpg

med_gallery_3211_658_8618.jpg

As the cigar progressed, the characteristics remained consistent but changed very subtly. The burn was quite good, but required one touch up. By the second half, the sweetness subsided but remained quite conspicuous. The maraschino was becoming more subdued, more tart. Dry fruit and subdued leather became more and more prominent.

med_gallery_3211_658_13186.jpg

This progression continued to the last third, by which time the strength of the cigar became more and more apparent.

med_gallery_3211_658_7309.jpg

I was content to let the ember die out with about 2cm of the cigar remaining. A very satisfying way to idle away one and a half hours.

edit for typos

Thanks for the review. Unfortunately my experience with the LG's have been the opposite. Glad you enjoyed yours though.

Great review! So what's the difference between the Small Batch #1 and #2? Is there any way to distinguish between them besides knowing what you're getting? Just curious because the #2 I have looks to have an identical band to the one pictured.

Great review! So what's the difference between the Small Batch #1 and #2? Is there any way to distinguish between them besides knowing what you're getting? Just curious because the #2 I have looks to have an identical band to the one pictured.

If I am correct the bands are the same on all of the Litto Gomez line.
B

Great review; thanks for sharing. I gotta admit, I like these sticks myself. Have found them to be quite tasty.

1's are 7x52 - 2's are 6.5x54.

Any difference in the taste?

Both the SB #1 and 2 are first rate cigars. They do have different profile's, although I would describe both as being characteristically sweet and leathery. IMO, the SB #2 has more of a floral overtone with hints of spice, whereas the #1 has more of a dried fruit characteristic described above. I've only had a single #2, and now I'm all out. I'm waiting for a deal on these, although I think they are also worth the price of entry at MSRP.

Fantastic review! Great pics! I've got a couple of LG sticks in the humi I need to check and see if one of them is a #1 or #2. Thanks for the review Jason!

I've heard that these are pretty high in nic content, I'm not sure if they compare to say the LFD DL.

I'll have to try one soon.

I've heard that these are pretty high in nic content, I'm not sure if they compare to say the LFD DL.

I'll have to try one soon.

These are quite potent. I usually nub my smokes, but in this case, I was starting to feel the effects of the nicotine with about 2 cm of the cigar to go, so I let er' die out.

I'm not sure if anyone missed the deal Al had yesterday on the SB #2 (in the retailers section). $65 for a 5er shipped :whistling:

Anyone have burn issues with these? I enjoy large volumes of smoke and I have had horrible luck in getting lots of smoke and keeping these lit. I've put them in different humidors (between 65 and 72) and can't get a different result. I've even dry boxed them and been SOL. Great flavor but a giant pain in the ass.

Is this problem unique to my batch?

Stinki

Anyone have burn issues with these? I enjoy large volumes of smoke and I have had horrible luck in getting lots of smoke and keeping these lit. I've put them in different humidors (between 65 and 72) and can't get a different result. I've even dry boxed them and been SOL. Great flavor but a giant pain in the ass.

Stinki

I have some #2 but have not smoked them yet. I've been looking for some #1.
I have received boxes of La flor that did seem sort of "damp". How long did you keep them at 65?
I'd say minimum of 3 weeks.

Smoked one of these last night and got the same profile of it. Great smoke but had to relight a few times.

Stinki

I have some #2 but have not smoked them yet. I've been looking for some #1.
I have received boxes of La flor that did seem sort of "damp". How long did you keep them at 65?
I'd say minimum of 3 weeks.
I've had some at 65 over 1 month.

Great review, my favorite of the LG banded cigars is the Corona size. :thumbs:

Anyone have burn issues with these?

Geoff,

I just love the Small Batch. I have found them to have some minor burn issues. Nothing too major though. I think that when a stick starts to have those burn issues it really distracts me from the enjoyment too.
What I have found is that I keep mine a bit drier. I actually keep them seperate from the rest of my sticks. I not sure if they are shipped slightly wetter because of that giant box they ship in. I think its a 105 count box. I try to keep mine around 60% and I have also found that when I try and rush the smoke that it wants to start the old canoe thing. So I slow down and havent had any issues. This is easily a 90 minute smoke for me. Actually just finished one and it was about 1hr 15.
If you want to try some from a different batch let me know and I send you a few..

art

and for the record. I cant tell the difference between the #1 and #2 except for the ring size. They both have that distinctive SB taste to me. :)

*edit for spell

Anyone have burn issues with these?

Geoff,

I just love the Small Batch. I have found them to have some minor burn issues. Nothing too major though. I think that when a stick starts to have those burn issues it really distracts me from the enjoyment too.
What I have found is that I keep mine a bit drier. I actually keep them seperate from the rest of my sticks. I not sure if they are shipped slightly wetter because of that giant box they ship in. I think its a 105 count box. I try to keep mine around 60% and I have also found that when I try and rush the smoke that it wants to start the old canoe thing. So I slow down and havent had any issues. This is easily a 90 minute smoke for me. Actually just finished one and it was about 1hr 15.
If you want to try some from a different batch let me know and I send you a few..

art

and for the record. I cant tell the difference between the #1 and #2 except for the ring size. They both have that distinctive SB taste to me. :)

*edit for spell
PM sent. Thanks for the offer.

I thought this review was so good I decided to pluck the #2 I had from the humi and torch it. Very enjoyable smoke. Draw was a little loose, but hardly any burn issues. Definitely won't be my last.