• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Lone Wolf

wpeloqui

Hi Gang,

I just got two boxes of Lone Wolfs. I have yet to light one up. What is the group concensus? They were recommended by a friend.

Willie

Never heard of 'em. Unless it's that Chuck Norris brand, is that it? When you gonna herf one?

-Craig

Yes, it is the Chuck Norris / James Belushi brand. I put them in an empty humidore last week. I am waiting for the humidity to stabilize before I light one up. I have heard from several sources that they are excellent.

Sorry wpeloqui, I was pulling on your chain a little there. :)

FWIW, I tried a Lone Wolf some time ago and piched it shortly after lighting it. From what I remember of that cigar it tasted like hay. YMMV

Lets put it this way. I bought a a jar of them a while back at a good price, and still have a lot of them. They can be OK, but not great. They are short fill cigars, or rather the ones I got a while back were, and that puts a couple strikes against them to start. There not horrible, just not great.

Personally, I was going to have a huge barbque and set them out for anyone that wanted them. Barbque never happened that summer I'm afraid, so I still have a lot. They are much better then swishers though. :D :D

If your friends never had better you should take it apon yourself to help him try more cigars. :D :D

I was "gifted" ??? a box of these way back when they first came out, They were autographed by Jim and Chuck! Smoked 1 and almost upCHUCKED! Waited 6 months and to my amazement..... They still sucked! So I put them out of there misery :(

I know that Huminie (aka Adam) who is the administrator over at Cigar Divan was lookin' for Dog Rockets for his grand dad to smoke. They could make a nice donation.... :p
It's always cool to help someones grand dad. :thumbs:

Well shame on those two guys (Chuck and Jim) for putting their name on an inferior product! They are both bigtime herfers and my guess is they don't smoke no junk.

Well I smoked a double corona and a torpedo over the weekend. They burned well. They seemed to have a papery kind of taste to them. I don't really know how to describe "tastes" I have yet to smoke a spicy or creamy cigar :) I would not turn down a Lone Wolf or say anything bad about them. I also would not go out of my way to get more. They seem like a smokable, munition grade cigar.

Willie

If, you liked those I might have a couple three dozen cigars along that same grade if you are interested... they've just been sitting in my coolidor I don't even count (small ugly thing with no way to put in shelves, need a new one badly!). Make me an offer.

Sam

I just read a decent review on the rerelease of this cigar over at CW, and Kevin stated that they are alot better than they use to be, I am in the same boat as the rest of the CP'ers, I didn't like them when they first came out and until there is a positive review by a fellow member, or until someone sends me one of the new cigars, I wont smoke em.

I just recently had one that Gibu gifted me and expected worse (in part because of this thread). Actually, I enjoyed it. Maybe because a gifted cigar always tastes better. It really wasn't too bad. In fact... the heck with ya'll... I think I'll go smoke another right now!
mhihi.gif

:D

I would say they are "ok" but with so many out there that are better then why bother. The sandwich fill as opposed to long fill is a big downer for me. Taste wise they are ok, just nothing special.

The Lone Wolf brand is not the best cigar out there by any means, but it is certainly not the worst either. I have some in my humidor, and sometimes when I am looking for a cheap, knockaround, smoke. . . then I reach for a Lone Wolf.

When you get them cheap, they really aren't a bad value.

Just my thoughts. . . .

HAPPY SMOKES! ! !

GB