• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Lone Wwolf

jgriddle

Crusty ole Fart Newbie
Reaction score
Have any of you ever tried the Lone Wolf Robustos? Just wondering if they were worth lighting up or what. Let me know what you think.
Thanks
Jerry

i tried a couple of those a friend got in a sampler pack.
not sure if they were the robusto or not but i didn't like them.
sorry i can't be more flavor specific. i just didn't like them :D

There are much better cigars out there at the same price. Connies, Mayorgas to name a couple.

Wascal said:
There are much better cigars out there at the same price. Connies, Mayorgas to name a couple.
Mmmmm....Connies....

Jerry, run away from those as quick as you can.

Jerry

Run man Run and don't look back. Whatever you do don't look back. Just keep running till you can't run no more.

Oh crud,
Dang Cigar Bid. I put in a bid on these never thinking I would win them. Now I have a whole box of these things comming. Oh well, I'll try one then figure out what I can do with the rest. Maybe go plant them in the back yard, (foot up) and see if they get better. LOL
Thanks
Jerry

ParaGod said:
This might sound odd, but, I have know idea what the hell a connie is. ???
Connie is short for Consuegra, sold at JR cigars. They are the seconds and over-runs for HdM and Punch made in the Villazon factory. They usually need some age after receiving them. But once they hit their stride, they are one of the best values in the cigar world.
Emo

73 mad, 9 mad, 14 mad. That's all I buy, others will have their favorites. Keep in mind that you need to age these for a year or more.

I like #9's in Maduro and the #30's in Maduro and EMS. The #733's are good also, just not my size.
Emo

I bought some 73's awhile back. When I opened them the celo wrappers were very dark yellowish brown. Would this be an indication that they were already aged somewhat?
Thanks
Jerry

That's correct Jerry! :thumbs:

Light one of them up and see what you think.

Shadow said:
That's correct Jerry! :thumbs:

Light one of them up and see what you think.
IMHO, take em outta the cello and let em stabilize in the humi for a couple weeks. The come awfuly wet from JR's.
Emo

I like the #9Mad and the #73Mad I had a friend give me one of each a few weeks back. I ordered some and they are now sitting and waiting ohhh the long long wait. I may see how they are in 6mnths but I will probably wait the full year.

Snakeeyezzes

Yeah the 9's and 73's will probably need the time as they a very popular size.

Yea I think I am going to also pick up some #30's. Do you think they will need the same amount of time or a little more or less?

Depends, if the cello is clear, let em sit for 30 days. Try one every 30 days until they are to your satisfaction. I'd say buy a bundle or 3. if you buy a bundle everytime you finish a bundle they will always be pretty close to great. Unless of course you are smoking a bundle a week. LOL. I have a couple bundles that has been sitting untouched since December. Haven't smoked any cause I haven't been smoking as mouch, and when I was smoking a decent amount I had a bunch of new stick to try. Ok, off to go smoke a Connie now.

Emo