• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Long Time

GilV

To all

Yes it's me, it's nice to visit this great place once again.  As a few of you know last September (the day of the bombing to be exact) I had a scare with my heart. While I did not suffer a stroke or a heart attack, things got very scary. My blood preasure was through the roof !!! Now, after over six months of different medications and countless tests and examinations we have discoverd a few things wrong for which I'll be having surgeries in the near future.

I've missed this site very much, I miss exchanging ideas with good friends. And I miss cigar smoking. I made a deal with my wife back in October. She gave me six months to bring my bloodk pressure, cholesterol level and weight down. If I did I could continue to enjoying cigars, if I didn't I would have to sell my entire collection and dump the fuel in my lighters and shut dorwn the humidifying system in my Aritocrat for good.

Well I am sad to say I lost the deal. I still have a lot of work to do but I am sure things are for the better.

So I'm giving up my P150s, BTLs, Montecristos, Short Stories and even the Don Carlos.  I have a few stuff left and I had been posting it elsewhere becasue I did not wish to burden this site, then I though where better to offer my stuff than the best cigar site on the net. So with your permision I'll be posting the few items I have left in my humi.

The General
Gil V.

Sorry to hear your misfortune and hope you recover in record time. I'm sure all members would welcome you to post the remains of your humi. :) :thumbs:

Jelly is most correct Gil. I am sure that most guys here would be happy to have those offerings and will gobble em up in record time.

I hope you are feeling better as quickly!

Just another AMEN to PB's post!  I know how rough it is to have to give up hobbies because of health.  I taught Scuba diving for nearly 15 years, and have had a number of students over the years who had to give up the sport later, because of health issues.  Many wrote to me to describe the gut wrenching......and to ask if I could help them sell their equipment.

I hope you recover fully and are able to rejoin us soon in smoking!  In any event I guarantee there are those on this site who will drool over your offerings and help you out of this crunch without losing your shirt....( as in wife burning sticks!)  HERESY!!!!!!!!!!!  May the Gods forgive her!!! :D

Gil, my thoughts and prayers go out to you buddy. Good luck on the surgeries. :thumbs:

Gil, hope everything goes well for you and your family...Take care of yourself first, the rest will follow.

Thoughts of you and your family mi hermano. Please keep in touch as you know the guys here think of each other as family. Good Luck my friend and if I can take those smokes off your hands let me know.

Gil,

I wish you a quick and healthy recovery. I'm sure things will turn out for the best.

Keep in touch my friend,
Rod

As always... hopes for the best.

You're still gonna come around and whip these newbies into shape, aren't ya, General?

LOL - good to hear from you again,
Dave ;)

Guys

Thanks for the nice thoughts and prayers. The selling of the humidor content is also going well much to my wife's delight.

Dave, I will be visiting more often now that the pressure of participating in a pass is gone. I'll keep on posting (sticking my nose in other peoples business) as much as I can and see prudent. I do hate not being able to participate in the "What you smoked today?"

Good to be back.

The content of my humi is posted in the buy/sell/trade section.

Gill,
Best of luck to you and your family. You're in our thoughts and prayers, brother!

Leebo

Gil,  
All the best to you for a speedy recovery.

I don't know if any of the newbies ever check out the "Hall of Fame"  but if you haven't and don't already know Gil is there.  Also check out that pip count and title. So Gil humidor or no humidor, cigars or no cigars I value your input and hope you check in on us on a regular basis.

We're here for you brother and welcome back :D