• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Looking for a birthday cigar

pyro92

Deputy Pyro
I realize this may be an odd question to ask but my birthday is at the end of the month (30th) and I'm looking for a special cigar to celebrate with. I haven't really smoked enough cigars to have an idea of what would be a go to smoke. Since it's for a special occasion price is not a problem as I am willing to spend a few more on something special, as long as I can buy it in either a single or five pack. Basically what I'm looking for is something that you would save for a special occasion both because of quality and perhaps price.

About what I like, I enjoy mild to medium bodied cigars with sweet flavors. I'm not really a fan of spice or other characteristics of stronger cigars. I enjoy both traditional and infused cigars though I think this situation calls for a nice traditional cigar, unless there is some sort of mind blowing infused cigar out there.

Thanks for any help!

Edit: Forgot to mention it's my 21st birthday, so it's a special one :)

Don't know if you have checked it out yet or not but I'm new as well and last month I joined holts cigar of the month club. It's 30 dollars a month and last months cigars retailed for somewhere in the 60 dollar range. I have not received this months selection yet but I should in the next few days or so.

Other than that I also ordered a couple of each of the Padron 2000s as well.

I realize this may be an odd question to ask but my birthday is at the end of the month (30th) and I'm looking for a special cigar to celebrate with. I haven't really smoked enough cigars to have an idea of what would be a go to smoke. Since it's for a special occasion price is not a problem as I am willing to spend a few more on something special, as long as I can buy it in either a single or five pack. Basically what I'm looking for is something that you would save for a special occasion both because of quality and perhaps price.

About what I like, I enjoy mild to medium bodied cigars with sweet flavors. I'm not really a fan of spice or other characteristics of stronger cigars. I enjoy both traditional and infused cigars though I think this situation calls for a nice traditional cigar, unless there is some sort of mind blowing infused cigar out there.

Thanks for any help!

Edit: Forgot to mention it's my 21st birthday, so it's a special one :)

Since it's your 21st Birthday, maybe you should go with a whisky infused cigar. This way you knock out two birds with one stone!

( please don't take that seriously. find something you think you'll enjoy and smoke it!)

When my youngest son turned 21, He insisted I give him an Opus X petite lancero. He promptly turned green and threw up. So probably not one of those.

Doc

How about a nice Davidoff, like the short perfecto? They're constructed well and not too strong.

I'd go with one of the higher end Padrons. Padron 40/46/80/85 or even find a 1926 or 1964 in a vitola you like.

I would recommend AF Hemingway, in whatever size you like. They are also available in maduro.

Good luck.

Since it's your 21st Birthday, maybe you should go with a whisky infused cigar. This way you knock out two birds with one stone!

( please don't take that seriously. find something you think you'll enjoy and smoke it!)

haha I knew someone was going to say that!

When my youngest son turned 21, He insisted I give him an Opus X petite lancero. He promptly turned green and threw up. So probably not one of those.

Doc

I'll make sure to stay away from those! Green isn't a shade I like to be.

How about a nice Davidoff, like the short perfecto? They're constructed well and not too strong.

I was looking at Davidoff but there are a lot of choices, I'll have to find one I think I'll like.

I'd go with one of the higher end Padrons. Padron 40/46/80/85 or even find a 1926 or 1964 in a vitola you like.

The 1964's sound like my style.

I would recommend AF Hemingway, in whatever size you like. They are also available in maduro.

Good luck.

I'll check those out as well. I may have to pick up a few and enjoy them all!

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

Edit: After doing some searching around, Davidoff's seem a little to strong for my taste.

Pardon Maduro 80th! Expensive but well worth it and available at a local B&M

Today is actually my birthday and I've been smoking for a few years so I like power houses. My main bday smoke is gonna be an Opus Chili Pepper and I'm gonna mix a few other pardons and maybe a ligament t52 in there. But if your looking for something with a little less bite to it maybe try an aged CC like a RyJ or even a monte no. 2 if you can get your hands on them. If not maybe something like an Illusione Epernay, I find them to have a great flavor profile, very different, not over powering but a great smoke. Enjoy your birthday brother

Padron 1964 maduro Exclusivo (Robusto size) or Diplomatico (Churchill size), in my opinion both are great smokes and can't go wrong, can be pricey, but worth it.

Happy smokes,

C

I age with the higher end Padron if you're looking for something special. My personal fav is the 45, maduro of course.
Happy Birthday !

Ian

Davidoffs come in different strengths. The Mille are quite mild.

Doc

A few choices I would recommend:

Because it's your 21st BDay and you stated "mild to medium bodied cigar with a sweet flavor": Makers Mark 650 (around $10). The only seasoned cigar I would ever recommend. These are nothing like an Acid or any other crap flavored stick. They are seasoned perfectly, not flavored. Maker's Mark is a fine bourbon and Ted's makes a fine cigar. And don't try any other sizes for your BDay smoke, stick with a 650 if you go with a Makers.

If you want something mild: Zino Platinum Grand Master (around $11-12)

If you want something closer to a mild medium "traditional": Casa Fernandez Aganorsa Leaf (around $8). Again, trust me.

Happy Birthday.

Edited: to add that a Makers Mark 650 is absolutely "mind blowing". (after rereading the OPs post)
And to add what the prices are in my neck of the woods so the kid knows these wont break the bank.

Pardon Maduro 80th! Expensive but well worth it and available at a local B&M

I may have to try one of those, I haven't had any "strong" cigars really so who knows, I might like it.

Today is actually my birthday and I've been smoking for a few years so I like power houses. My main bday smoke is gonna be an Opus Chili Pepper and I'm gonna mix a few other pardons and maybe a ligament t52 in there. But if your looking for something with a little less bite to it maybe try an aged CC like a RyJ or even a monte no. 2 if you can get your hands on them. If not maybe something like an Illusione Epernay, I find them to have a great flavor profile, very different, not over powering but a great smoke. Enjoy your birthday brother

Oh man if I could get my hands on a nice CC you better believe I would smoke both of those. Hope you had a good birthday!

A few choices I would recommend:

Because it's your 21st BDay and you stated "mild to medium bodied cigar with a sweet flavor": Makers Mark 650 (around $10). The only seasoned cigar I would ever recommend. These are nothing like an Acid or any other crap flavored stick. They are seasoned perfectly, not flavored. Maker's Mark is a fine bourbon and Ted's makes a fine cigar. And don't try any other sizes for your BDay smoke, stick with a 650 if you go with a Makers.

If you want something mild: Zino Platinum Grand Master (around $11-12)

If you want something closer to a mild medium "traditional": Casa Fernandez Aganorsa Leaf (around $8). Again, trust me.

Happy Birthday.

Edited: to add that a Makers Mark 650 is absolutely "mind blowing". (after rereading the OPs post)
And to add what the prices are in my neck of the woods so the kid knows these wont break the bank.

I'm going to have to try one of those Makers for sure, I'll take a look at the other two as well.

Edit: Well after reading some reviews I will be giving a Padron 1964 a try for sure, it sounds like I will like it.

So you think Davidoffs are heavy cigars?? ??? Trust me man, they're not, and they're awesome cigars with near perfect construction most of the time. A little pricey though.

I'll echo the higher end Padrons, but if strength scares you, go with a natural wrapper instead of a maduro. In my opinion, it's your birthday. Go all out. Eat a nice big dinner and sit down with a good glass of whatever your poison is, and keep a coke or something sugary nearby in case you start experiencing lightheadedness or random sweating and dizziness. The sugar will counteract the symptoms of nic sickness.

So you think Davidoffs are heavy cigars?? ??? Trust me man, they're not, and they're awesome cigars with near perfect construction most of the time. A little pricey though.

I'll echo the higher end Padrons, but if strength scares you, go with a natural wrapper instead of a maduro. In my opinion, it's your birthday. Go all out. Eat a nice big dinner and sit down with a good glass of whatever your poison is, and keep a coke or something sugary nearby in case you start experiencing lightheadedness or random sweating and dizziness. The sugar will counteract the symptoms of nic sickness.

So the maduros are stronger than the natural wrappers?

So far I have decided to go with a Davidoff Classic and Padron 1964, I figured since it's my birthday I would give them a shot.