• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Looking for a Large Travel Humidor

Josh

Chronically Misinformed
I've decided I've had enough stability in my life and am going back to working on the road.

I want an enormous (cavernous if possible) cigar caddy style humidor and haven't really found what I'm looking for. So far the best I've found is a 40 count Cigar Caddy or a 50 count Xikar X-Treme. I seem to remember seeing a 52 or 56 count cigar caddy style travel humidor at random herfs but I haven't had any luck.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

142spbq.png

There is the sherman 144 model. I found them on the web but dont know if they are still active since I havent heard their name mentioned in a log time.

http://www.thesherman.com/cigartravelhumidor144model.html

Of course, getting two Xikar 50 counts might give you a little more flexibility on how you can store your cigars since you can stack them or put each one in different areas of the vehicle to make it fit, etc.

Just my .02. Good Luck.

I have a Xikar 100 ct I would trade ya, but I would want to make sure the measurements were right in that it was truly larger then the one you posted pics of.

Edit: by trade I meant for cigars

I like the idea of two Cigar caddy. Then you could have differant humidities, if you want.
Pelican cases are great, but I think you would have to be sure that the foam allows moisture to pass through it.
I also noticed that some brands do, and don't, have handles at certain sizes.

Fia: That's awesome. However that price is a bit steep, I can make the same thing for about half the cost. However getting a visual of what that size case can hold really helps.

Matt: Are the dimensions 12" x 9" x 6"? If so that's their 50 count model which I may yet end up ordering.

I could put together a 144 stick travel humi for about $200 plus shipping. If anyone is interested, pm me.

it would be like the sherman.

I can also do wheeled versions

I just figured out that I can do a giant airtight, waterproof, crushproof version with wheels. would have 72 foam trays that held either 6 churchills or 8 robustos per tray. so it would hold anywhere from 432 to 576 cigars. aprrox price $460 plus shipping. Hows that for your next herf?

Only get the pelican if you feel you might have to stop bullets or find yourself in need of a flotation device.

Sherman is the old name. Pelican and Otter box the new.

I don't know if Sherman sold out or just is not as active a sales company.
You could simple get a rolling airplane case and fit a large tuppedor in it.

There are also cases that are solid that have wheels(think 'gig cases' or Calzone cases)...and you can again, put a tuppedor in.

Sherman has been out of business for years, but the website is still alive.

Sherman used Pelican cases. There has been slight changes in Pelican models over the years, so hard to get a perfect match to the Sherman, but you can get close.

Sherman has been put of business for years, but the website is still alive.

Sherman used Pelican cases. There has been slight changes in Pelican models over the years, so hard to get a perfect match to the Sherman, but you can get close.

I thought that was the case..thanks for the clarification!

:thumbs: