• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Looking for a Superb Petit Tubos

lucasbuck

Sheriff Buck
I'd like to buy a box of Petit Tubos but have zero experience with them. Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated :) Thanks.

Punch Petit Coronations :thumbs:

The only other option I can think of is Montecristo Petit Tubos.

I just ordered a box of the Punch Petit Coronations '01 for a cigar tasting we have on the 2nd Tuesday of every month (Oct. 12th). I'll let you know how they were.

I enjoy the Bolivar #3. It's a short smoke with the typical Bolivar flavor. Puts a smile on my face!

Buy a box of aged Siglo II's, PL PC, RA PC, Punch PC, and SLR PC and put them in tubes! :thumbs: :p :D

Aloha,

Wade

Now there's an idea :D

Thanks for all the suggestions Bruddahs :thumbs:

As for tubos... I've had smokes from Punch, Upmann and Monte and they were all enjoyable but all weren't the prettiest girls at the dance.... :p I will say that I've never had a petit tubo that had much age on them and it could make a difference.

I definitely prefer cab or dress box PCs to tubos based on my experiences but that's not to say that there aren't some great tubos out there. Those Punch Petit Coronations from '01 that Bruddah Mike mentioned sound like they could be great smokes... 4 years of age in the tube... that's a lot of time for the flavors to condense and the tobacco to mature. I would be happy to give you my opinions on those tubos that Mike's getting (hint hint... LOL!) :thumbs: :love: :sign:

Bruddah Craig.... for you I'd definitely suggest you buy aged cabs of Sig I and Sig II and put them in tubes... no other tubo out there will make you happier... LOL!

Aloha,

Wade

cohibasurfer said:
I just ordered a box of the Punch Petit Coronations '01 for a cigar tasting we have on the 2nd Tuesday of every month (Oct. 12th). I'll let you know how they were.
Craig... we smoked these last night.
The cigar started out a little ruff and bland. About the half way point it picked up a little with some nice woody undertones. Not very much spice in this cigar. It was rather mild. These would be a great early morning smoke. Deffinately not an evening smoke as it was way to light. It had a nice finish though, I noticed everyone was nubbing them, and it doesn't take long to get to the end of these short PC's. One of those kind that end just when it starts getting good. :D

I think the hand made could be a few points better IMO. Machine made mixed filler's just seem a little one dimensional at best to me.

Ohh and Uncle Salty .....

mailbox watch is in effect!

Any left? I'd love to trade for one or two. I've been wanting to try them again, but don't want to get a box.

cohibasurfer said:

:0 :angry: Oh Brother Mike.... you didn't just start some trouble did ya? Well... we'll just have to wait and see what kind of mischief you're up to... LOL! :sneaky: :angry:

Wade :sign: :love:

wk-mang said:
cohibasurfer said:

:0 :angry: Oh Brother Mike.... you didn't just start some trouble did ya? Well... we'll just have to wait and see what kind of mischief you're up to... LOL! :sneaky: :angry:

Wade :sign: :love:
No...no ... no!

I'm not blowing the damn thing up!
Just sending you a couple of those Punch coronations to try is all....
Relax me hombre :p

Other1 ... sorry bro... it was all I could do to save a couple victims for brother Wade. He got the last 2.

cohibasurfer said:
cohibasurfer said:
Craig... we smoked these last night.
The cigar started out a little ruff and bland. About the half way point it picked up a little with some nice woody undertones. Not very much spice in this cigar. It was rather mild. These would be a great early morning smoke. Deffinately not an evening smoke as it was way to light. It had a nice finish though, I noticed everyone was nubbing them, and it doesn't take long to get to the end of these short PC's. One of those kind that end just when it starts getting good. :D

I think the hand made could be a few points better IMO. Machine made mixed filler's just seem a little one dimensional at best to me.

Thanks for the review Michael :thumbs:

Thanks Bruddah Mike! I got the Punch Tubos and will spark one up soon and post here! The sticks won't win any beauty contests but the tube is pretty... LOL! And... they do have a very nice smell... I think I'll torch one this afternoon!

A little thanks to be sent soon.... and you can "bite my salty nuts" ya sneaky bastige! LMAO!

Wade

cohibasurfer said:
Brother Mike hit the nail on the head as my experience was very similar to his. It really did finish nicely... ending with a show of some strength! Overall, the flavors were enjoyable although the finish was very short and not much richness in the smoke. The burn was good as was the draw and I agree that this cigar would make a good morning smoke. I torched this in the afternoon and was an enjoyable mid-afternoon snack! Thanks Brother Mike for sharing this tubo with me!

Aloha,

Wade

I have smoked the H.upmann petiti tubos and also the hoyo de monterey petit coronation.. BOth excellent cigars..

i still have 2 left