• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Looking for Cigar recommendations to go with Scotch

SirSqueeboo

Reaction score
Hi,

Looking for opinions on which cigars would best pair with a good Speyside Scotch.

Thanks in advance.

Shit, son, thats like asking, "what kind of woman looks best in a miniskirt?" I can tell you what kind DON'T, but I reckon they wouldn't be good with much anything else anyway.

Hi,

Looking for opinions on which cigars would best pair with a good Speyside Scotch.

Thanks in advance.

Very apt analogy, Kid! :thumbs:

Well, Sir, since you already have some experience with CAO, I'll suggest a CAO Brazilia Gol or a CAO LX2 Robusto.

Pretty much whatever you have in your humidor. I like any Padron, Pepin, LaFlor Dominicana cigar with my scotch.

Any cigar you like will go great with any Scotch you like, unless we're talking Grape Philly Blunts.

Scotch + cigar is a natural pairing. It's hard to get it wrong.

~Boar

Any cigar you like will go great with any Scotch you like, unless we're talking Grape Philly Blunts.

~Boar

I totally agree, just about any cigar goes with Scotch. The two I find myself going for are usually a La Flor Dominicana 2000 Series El Toro or an EP Carrillo Short Run.

Our Ashton rep does a lot of work with cigar + drink pairings. Here is the list he came up with for drink pairings with every line of Ashton:

Ashton Classic:
Ketel 1 Vodka

Ashton Aged Maduro:
Basil Hayden Bourbon

Ashton Cabinet Selection:
Oban Scotch

Ashton Heritage:
Johnnie Walker Black

La Aroma de Cuba - NB:
High Quality Dark Rum (Zacapa, Brugal, Anejo, Mt Gay Reserve)
OR
Any Small Batch Bourbon

LADC Edicion Especial:
Patron Anejo Tequila
OR
Balvenie 12 Year Doublewood
OR
Woodford Reserve Bourbon

San Cristobal:
Johnnie Walker Green

San Cristobal Seleccion Del Sol:
Balvenie Double Wood
OR
Johnny Walker Gold

VSG:
Talisker 10
OR
Basil Hayden

Personally, I've tried the San Cristobal with the Johnny Walker Green and the La Aroma de Cuba with Zacapa. The San Cristobal with the Green label was outstanding.

Shit, son, thats like asking, "what kind of woman looks best in a miniskirt?" I can tell you what kind DON'T, but I reckon they wouldn't be good with much anything else anyway.
No doubt, brother...well said.....:thumbs:

/ thread.

~Boar

I wouldn't poopoo a flavored Philly Blunt ;)