• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Looking for prayers and help for a friend.

Bxcigrfan

There Once was a Man from Nantucket...
Last night as me and my cousin sat in the living room about to light a cigar we smelled fire for a second I thought it was the left over ash in the ash tray from the night before. Then we heard screaming. We open the door and the hallway was full of smoke. We look out the window and one of the apts below us was on fire. Flames were shooting out at least 25ft. We grab our wallets and go down the fire escape. When we get to the bottom we realize who's apt it was. Our long time family friend who have the greatest hearts. They are animal lovers and rescue abandoned pits all the time. They have 4 pits and a chihuahua who thinks she is a pit. The owner just got home when the devastation was going on and didn't know if their beloved dogs got out.

Some of you have met my cousin and uncle Jorge at quad state. Well uncle Jorge was the hero. When he saw the fire he ran into the apt to save the dogs. He got 3 out quickly but two were in their cages farther in the apt. When the fire dept got there uncle Jorge went back in with a firefighter to lead them to the two others in their cages. He suffered some smoke inhalation but was treated and released. Our friends can not be more grateful to uncle Jorge for saving their beloved dogs.
But the fire took everything. The dogs tags, their toys, food as well as all of their own possessions. They are essentially homeless. Last night they stayed with uncle Jorge.

I don't like to ask for anything on here but my cousin and I created a Paypal account to try and raise some funds for their recovery and to go buy some cloths. Paypal donations can be sent to '3915donations@gmail.com', clothing/toiletries/etc. can be sent over to my apartment (inbox me for the address) for the time being. Please note two of the dogs are a bit sick, so dog food and other dog essentials will also be greatly appreciated. Thank you for all your blessings, and concern.
If you want to see the chaos a video is on abc online Bronx fire on carpenter ave

Sending best wishes & prayers.
Hope all come out of this in good health.

Pete I'm glad you and your uncle are safe along with everyone else in the building 2 legged and 4 legged.

Paul

That's rough. Especially this time of year. I'm glad everyone is okay. Really makes you appreciate family. Its really hard on the pets because they feel lost. Not that I have any doubt in the brothers around here's generosity but you might reach out to a local humane society on their behalf for some immediate relief/help with food and such for the dogs. I know a lot of our local shelters/humane society's do this soft of thing.

Keeping everyone in our thoughts this time of year.  Horrible to hear, but the important thing is everyone is physically OK.  Everything else can be replaced in time.

Thanks guys, we did reach out to the shelter and we now have food and treats for the dogs, the two dogs that took in the most smoke have been looked at by the vet and just need rest and time. The small dog that took in a lot of soot has been throwing up the bad stuff and the bigger one just threw up white and we have been told thats ok. Now we wait to see when they let them back in the apt.  We want to talk with the landlord so that once its time to rebuild the apt he just gets us the supplies and we take care of it. We have friends in construction and uncle jorge and Mobig are pretty handy; we would get that apt back up faster than our landlord would and nicer too.

I'm glad to hear everyone is on the mend. Best wishes during this holiday season.

just an update for those who might want to know, the apt is finally being rebuilt by the landlord and they possibly could move back in by feb or march.
With the gracious help of others ( and we cannot thank you enough) we have been able to purchase stuff for when they move back in and to maintain themselves while we wait for repairs. Life has gotten some what back to normal, by going back to work , walking the dogs, it's just hard for them since they are living out of uncle jorge's apt.
thank you everyone again