• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

looking for some help with these fakes

mcoupe

Reaction score
I'm no expert on ISOMs but noticed some obvious issues with these cigars. I'm looking for help in understanding what else is wrong with these so that I can let the seller know the truth about them. I don't want to get into where I got them from so please feel free to PM me if you'd like some more background. I'd just like to prevent others from making mistakes and educating myself as well. I'll be returning these and talking to the seller.

The Partagas seemed pretty obvious as there is no EL 2006 that looks like this. And, I have no idea what this shape is for a Partagas. The cigar does look pretty good though.

The Montecristo Millenium 2000 Reserve has lots of issues with the label. The gold border is off and not complete and the leaf looks too dark and overlapping.

What about the Cohiba? The third row of dots is running into the gold border but I'm not sure if that is normal.

Any other input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

cigarslb.jpg

Hi Mcoupe

Unfortunately all of the cigars are fake. On The Cohiba the font "Habana Cuba" on the band is not correct. Also the gold lettering appears to have spacing problems. There is no Partagas solomones EL 06 cigar. The Montecristo Mill has the darkest wrapper I have ever seen on these, also appears to have problems with detail on the label as well. Sorry to break the bad news. There are other things wrong too .

Bob

Im Sorry Mcoupe let me add more info. The gold border around the gold cohiba letters is too thick. In addition I Also dont see a tripple cap on either of the cohiba or Monte. It is hard to see from the pic though. On the Monte label I cant see good detail above the red zero. There should be a clear gray line that paralelles( sorry for bad spelling)the red. Hope that make sense.

Bob

I hope no one gets taken by whoever is selling these fakes. Dirty !@#%ers!! :angry:

I have been spending a lot of time researching dealers and "how to spot a fake" type web pages, it really is too bad that all these forums are extremely up tight about posts concerning source information. I know that is the nature of the beast when dealing with these types smokes but I sure wish someone would compile a "black list" of bogus dealers for everyone to view.

I think with some pressure from the consumer side it would be a little bit easier for people to make an informed decision about which dealers to use if someone were so inclined, and would make it a bit harder for guys to get screwed out of their hard earned money.

If anyone has such a list I sure would be interested in that PM.

Just My $.o2

Mike

Good info

LOL...those look like some of the samples that some guy on plane tried to sell me as authentic Cubans. Didn't see the Partagas Salomone, but in addition to the Monte and Cohiba in your pic, he also had the barberpole 40th Anni Cohiba, an HDM 2005 EL, PSD4, and a Bolivar figurado. All had wrong dimensions, and none had a triple cap. He even asked if I wanted to be a distributor for his buddy in Miami. We were having a preety decent conversation until I finally got tired of him and pulled out my travel stash and showed him what reals ones look like...shut him up quick.

Thanks for the info. The Partagas was an obvious fake and I was pretty sure about the 2000. The Cohiba actually has a triple cap, albeit not a perfect one.

My intent is to take all this info and notify the seller in hopes he stops selling them. It's a reputable wine shop that sells a bunch of other non-cuban cigars so it is not the majority of his business so it is not an online vendor.

cigar smoke, you made it sound like he didn't already know OR say that they are fakes!

LOL...those look like some of the samples that some guy on plane tried to sell me as authentic Cubans. Didn't see the Partagas Salomone, but in addition to the Monte and Cohiba in your pic, he also had the barberpole 40th Anni Cohiba, an HDM 2005 EL, PSD4, and a Bolivar figurado. All had wrong dimensions, and none had a triple cap. He even asked if I wanted to be a distributor for his buddy in Miami. We were having a preety decent conversation until I finally got tired of him and pulled out my travel stash and showed him what reals ones look like...shut him up quick.

Too bad those sticks aren't real........the bolivar sounds like an excellent smoke :rolleyes:

Returned the cigars and explained to the owner of the store that they were fake. I showed him what was wrong with the cigars and he returned my money with no issue as he had said to come back to him if I wasn't happy. He acted surprised and told me he got the boxes through a connection with a friend who is a doctor. He did seem a little nervous as he kept explaining how he got them over and over and he told me no one else ever complained.

It will be interesting to go back and see if they are still for sale.

Returned the cigars and explained to the owner of the store that they were fake. I showed him what was wrong with the cigars and he returned my money with no issue as he had said to come back to him if I wasn't happy. He acted surprised and told me he got the boxes through a connection with a friend who is a doctor. He did seem a little nervous as he kept explaining how he got them over and over and he told me no one else ever complained.

If they are still for sale you know he's complicit. It is amazing how many are into this scam, isn't it!

Good work picking it out and holding the purveyor accountable. :thumbs: Yes, do follow up!

Steve

I have seen this with many B&Ms that try to sell Cubans to unsuspecting "Good" customers. :angry: I have been offered several, even if I wasnt' such a "Good" customer. But they call me a "Good" customer before they try to sell them and always say that they don't just sell them to anybody. Gee, I feel so special! :laugh:

I have seen this with many B&Ms that try to sell Cubans to unsuspecting "Good" customers. :angry: I have been offered several, even if I wasnt' such a "Good" customer. But they call me a "Good" customer before they try to sell them and always say that they don't just sell them to anybody. Gee, I feel so special! :laugh:

On that same note, you wouldn't believe how many customers ask if we sell Cubans and aren't joking....

PS: Does anyone want to write a paper on set theory for me? 2000 words, make use of Frege, Russell and Wittgenstein....

Ah sh*t damn I really did feel special on the few occasions, I was given that "sales pitch" :angry: . I avoid the whole ISOM purchase thing all together myself. These days I acquire most via trade or box splits from established and reputable B/SOTL.

As nice as it would be to buy Cubans locally, I would find it hard to trust someone selling them over or under the counter in this country. Hell, its hard enough to trust someone selling them over the counter in other countries where it is at least legal.

ISOM sources are never discussed but there is no secret as far as NC sources are concerned.

If someone is selling fake Cubans and alludes to that fact, no problem, you know what you are getting.
However, if vendor is selling ISOM's from within the US purporting to be real, when they are fake , they should be outed IMHO.

Brian

I was planning to give him the benefit of doubt and wait and see if he pulls them. If not, then I will consider being more vocal.

It's too bad, because the box of Cohiba X Anniversary Linea 1492 looked pretty good :0

:sign: Does this sound like someone we all know or what?

:cool:

On that same note, you wouldn't believe how many customers ask if we sell Cubans and aren't joking....

PS: Does anyone want to write a paper on set theory for me? 2000 words, make use of Frege, Russell and Wittgenstein....

Not to steal the thread,but for what type of class this paper on set theory?? It sounds like philosophy as opposed to mathematics.