• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Looking for Suggestions for Pairing Cigars During a

Herfin Bigdog

On Friday my local cigar shop, Titan Cigar will be hosting a Macallan Single Malt Scotch Whisky Tasting / Cigar Pairing Event. However, the owner has no idea what cigars to use for suggested pairings.

There will be 5 lines of liqour involved. These will be the Macallan 12 and 18 year old and 3 "oaks" (as Titan's owner put it). I am not a whisky drinker which is why I am coming to the experts that I know post here.

Can you help a brother out?

If you would like to see what cigars Titan carries, check their website at www.TitanCigar.com. Any help would be appreciated.

As strange as it seems I really don't smoke when I drink good scotch or drink when I smoke good cigars. I would say that based on what I know of The Macallan a smoother cigar such as the AVO line would work well with the sherried scotch and a good medium Ashton maduro with the Fine Oak versions. JMO though.

Variety is the spice of life.

As a less expensive option for a good mild cigar I would suggest a Casa by Torano.

For a medium bodied stick I like the Rocky Patel Vintage 1990.

For a full bodied cigar I would go with the Ashton Aged Maduro.

In my opinion any of these sticks would compliment any of the 5 scotches mentioned above. If I am going to smoke a few cigars in one evening I generally start with a milder smoke first and increase in strength as I go. The same can be said for the way I like to drink scotch. If I do it the other way around, I have trouble tasting the flavors in milder options.

Thank You Gentlemen.

No matter how subjective it may be, any suggestions are very much appreciated as they provide information that I did not have prior to posting the question.