• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Looking to buy a Cutter!

DonAustin

I have been punching my cigars before I smoke them for the last couple years and have had no problem. But I have recently talked to a famous cigar manufacturer and he told me that I need to make a transition to a cutter. Which one or kind didnt matter I just needed to make the leap as he called it. I was just woondering if there were any suggestions on cutters out there. I dont really mind spending some money on it as long as I'm getting what I paid for.
Suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

I have a Palio and it works great and has a lifetime warranty, as do Xikar cutters, though I'm not a fan of their teardrop shape

I'm still using a Xikar and really like it. Haven't tried a Palio but will one day.

Two blades, quality steel and a warranty. Everything else is window dressing. Find one with those qualities that fits your hand, your cigar style and your budget.

If you've been punching them for years with no problem you should just stick with what you like. And if you feel you have to get a straight cut you should probably just go with a disposable one for now. What if you spend the dough and find out you don't like that kind of cut?

As a suggestion I would say look into Xikar cutters. You can pick up an Xi2 for around $40.
xi2MALACHITE.jpg

Thanks,
Eric

Once I bought a Palio my Xigars stayed on the garage shelf collecting dust.

I use the Xikar scissors and love them. But if you haven't had any problems with the punch, I honestly don't see any reason to switch.

I have a Xikar, a Palio, and a Victronix punch. I use them all.

There have been roughly 6.02 E23 threads on this subject. A little searching will yield a wealth of information.

I have been punching my cigars before I smoke them for the last couple years and have had no problem. But I have recently talked to a famous cigar manufacturer and he told me that I need to make a transition to a cutter. Which one or kind didnt matter I just needed to make the leap as he called it. I was just woondering if there were any suggestions on cutters out there. I dont really mind spending some money on it as long as I'm getting what I paid for.

Don, I suggest buying from http://www.cigarswag.com/ :thumbs:
Reason being, it is owned and operated by the same person who owns this board.
Supporting that link will support this site.

I purchased by first Xikar many years ago. It was the best $65 I ever spent. i'm on like my 7th and it already needs to be replaced. I've tried the Palio several times but I figure why buy a 3rd cutter when i already have 2 with a life time warranty on them. :laugh:

Drop a Xikar Tear Drop style and Palio from 3 feet to the concrete floor, and see which one survives. Leave it in your pocket and let it go throught the washer and dryer, and see which one survives. In my experience, the Palio survives, My tear drop Xikar(s) falls apart. They both have lifetime warranty, so if you don't mind going through the hassle of shipping, insuring, etc. Pick the one that you like.

It is a good point. I have lost my Palio this week and have felt lost. Then again I have gotten to "re"know my xikar and believe it is just as good. Decide the style you care for and go go go.

It is a good point. I have lost my Palio this week and have felt lost. Then again I have gotten to "re"know my xikar and believe it is just as good. Decide the style you care for and go go go.

That's what you get for buying the camo model.
biggrin.gif

I punch my cigars also. I only use a Xikar for tapered ones. I don't have a Palio but used one a couple of times and they feel much sturdier than the Xikars

Well thanks for all the suggestions! It really looks like the two in question now are A palio and Xikar. Ill have to do some research and testing and see which one is the best fit for me. Appreciate it guys!

Don, I suggest buying from http://www.cigarswag.com/ :thumbs:
Reason being, it is owned and operated by the same person who owns this board.
Supporting that link will support this site.

I did not know that, but thats good to know. Will definitely consider buying from them then. Thanks for that knowledge