• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Looking to check out B&M's in Ontario, Canada April 4th

mrtapes

Hello All,
I have a quick tour of Ontario during the first week in April.
I Tour manage and do sound for a band called THE FUNK BROTHERS.

We've got some shows up there from April 1-5 and I am wondering if there are any BOTL's up there that might care to show me the B+M's of Oakville on the 4th of April.
We've got two days in that town and I am planning on trying to find a shop on the 4th. I found a couple of places on the internet that look good.

Celebrity House Of Cigars
125 Cross Avenue
Oakville, ON
(905) 849-3845

CIGARS & SWEETS
22 LAKESHORE W.
OAKVILLE, ON
905-338-8176

VILLAGE HAVANA
2464 LAKESHORE RD.
OAKVILLE, ON
905-465-1862

Has anyone been to any of these places?
Thanks, Mrtapes

Nobody on CP lives anywhere near I guess. Too bad, I'm carrying Opus X!!!!!!!!

I'm about 3-1/2 hours from that area, and while I don't know the stores you refer to, I DO know you don't want to buy any sokes in Canada, and you can't smoke in any either.

I'm about 3-1/2 hours from that area, and while I don't know the stores you refer to, I DO know you don't want to buy any sokes in Canada, and you can't smoke in any either.

Not a very smoker friendly atmosphere up here is it?
You say I don't want to buy in any of the stores, is that because the prices are too high? I figured I'd try a few PC's or try to find something with some age to try so I'll be able to purchase them at a later date elsewhere....

Not a very smoker friendly atmosphere up here is it?
You say I don't want to buy in any of the stores, is that because the prices are too high? I figured I'd try a few PC's or try to find something with some age to try so I'll be able to purchase them at a later date elsewhere....

To say it isn't smoker friendly is an understatement, and taxation issues here are unreal.

As a nice idea of what it costs up here, CLICK ME to see a link to something I posted regarding cigar prices in Montreal a year ago. Note the shop I was in was a prime location in downtown Montreal so it's a couple of bucks each higher, but still a good indicator.

Now, that being said, you'll probably find some Opus, and there WILL most likely be bloom on 'em because they've been there so long. But for that price??? he he he, I should think not!!!

To say it isn't smoker friendly is an understatement, and taxation issues here are unreal.

As a nice idea of what it costs up here, CLICK ME to see a link to something I posted regarding cigar prices in Montreal a year ago. Note the shop I was in was a prime location in downtown Montreal so it's a couple of bucks each higher, but still a good indicator.

Now, that being said, you'll probably find some Opus, and there WILL most likely be bloom on 'em because they've been there so long. But for that price??? he he he, I should think not!!!

DAMN!,
And to think I thought I MIGHT buy something while here! Forget about that, I will just smoke what I brought. Perfection X here I come!
Thanks for the heads up, I'll report on what I personally come across in the shops.

Ok, So I'm on the road for a week in Canada. I had to smoke something. Across the street from tonights venue was a small smoke shop. The guy had three vitolas in stock that were ISOM. I see RyJ Mille Fleurs for $9 CA and Montecristo #4 for $16 CA. The RyJ is a little more than double what you can get it online for and the Monte 4 is about $7 US more than online. Well, you know what? I've never had the opportunity to buy these legally so I did. Both had OCT06 box codes and I smoked the RyJ right before the bands set. I was pretty nice for a fresh stick. The proprietor was a real nice guy and was happy to show me the boxes and codes. This was after i had lit the thing up and was standing in front of his shop on the street. We had a nice discussion... he seems to think that the embargo will be lifted and when it does that nobody in the world other than americans will be able to get habanos without a hassle.
Interesting smoke experience. I think I'll smoke the #4 on Tuesday!

Been finding a number of interesting shops here. One thing I notice though and that is that buying cigars isn't much fun with a guy hanging over your shoulder at every move. I told one guy, "I'm not going to steal anything" and he told me it is the LAW!
The shop keeper must be with you while you are in the humidor within reach of the cigars!

It seems the government up here is doing just about whatever they can to put these B&M's out of business. Last nights shop keeper in Oakville told me he cannot even keep advertising posters on the wall anymore and they made him close his smoking lounge!

LET'S HOPE THESE TYPES OF LAWS NEVER COME TO BE IN THE USA.

I would advise each and every one of you to be well aware of any lobbying to pass anti tobacco laws in the USA.