• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Lotus Orion L52 Lighter

H. Vachon

King of the Hobo Hut
I’ve been looking to upgrade my POS torch. The Lotus Orion caught my eye and looks pretty badass. Just wondering if anyone owns one and can tell me if it’s worth the $80. I just can’t bring myself to spend that much on a lighter unless I know it’s going to last for a long time. I know I could get a solid lighter for less than half the price, but sometimes you just gotta buy those coolest one, right? Thanks in advance 😎

Best advice I can give you is to use high quality butane. All I use is POS lighters and some are at least 3 or 4 years old. I generally have 3 or 4 in my Herf-A-Dor.

Best advice I can give you is to use high quality butane. All I use is POS lighters and some are at least 3 or 4 years old. I generally have 3 or 4 in my Herf-A-Dor.
Have any recommendations on butane brands?

Vector and Xicar are good. Used to be at least 4X filtered. The most recent I bought claims 14X. 🤔

If you're prepared to spend 80 dollars buy these. Less than 15, lasts a long time and works every time if you keep your tinder dry.

Flint-and-Steel.jpg

Doc

Last edited:
I've had Blazer PB205's for a long time, and they work quite well. However, I think this is a better answer. Five lighters, work great. Refillable. $9.80 with free shipping. You can spend a fortune on a lighter and get nothing but a pretty looking pain in the rear. Anymore, these are where I'm at.

I've had Blazer PB205's for a long time, and they work quite well. However, I think this is a better answer. Five lighters, work great. Refillable. $9.80 with free shipping. You can spend a fortune on a lighter and get nothing but a pretty looking pain in the rear. Anymore, these are where I'm at.

Thanks Tom, took you up on that suggestion.

I agree. I bought one months ago and I paid $3.50 locally. I've used and re-loaded it 4 times, with fluid and no issues.

Pretty sure the lighter I bought from amazon at first was a dud. I’m not joking when I say it literally fell into pieces after three weeks :/ But the reviews on the Vector Cyclone seem to be solid. I have higher hopes this time around.

I've used the same cheapo single-torch freebie lighter for a bunch of years now. The important part, as mentioned before, is to use multi-filtered (4x or more) butane. I've always used Xikar, just because it's a brand I trust and, more accurately, what was available to me. :p Vector is some good stuff, too. Any time I've tried refilling other torches with cheap fluid, they clog quickly and then that's the end of that lighter...

Can't go wrong with these, get the ten count and share with friends!
I use the one you sent me everyday..!! Picked up a 5-pack for my wife, she loves them. Current our 'go to' lighters.

I have two Blazers. One finally got 'problematic' to use, I'm sure it just needs to be disassembled and cleaned out. After almost a decade of use, I can't really complain.

I use the one you sent me everyday..!! Picked up a 5-pack for my wife, she loves them. Current our 'go to' lighters.

I have two Blazers. One finally got 'problematic' to use, I'm sure it just needs to be disassembled and cleaned out. After almost a decade of use, I can't really complain.

Those original Blazers, were bullet proof. I had one that I purchased, about 12 years ago and lost it. Tried to replace it with a current version and it just wasn't the same.