• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Lowest CA rating I've seen. How about you?

billytpage

I don't profess to be an expert, but a 79 is the lowest rating I can remember seeing CA give a cigar since I began reading it several years ago. I usually don't put a lot of stock in their ratings as there seems to be a certain amount of range restriction, but I am inclined to agree with their assessment in this case. I wonder if this is an illustration of the butterfly effect beginning with the "No Perdomo" pass.

What is the lowest rating you have seen for a cigar in CA?

Billy

It was the ESV Estate Seleccion Vintage 1991 Imperio.

p. 258 in the new CA

Billy

I saw that rating and was confused. I am not a huge Perdomo fan....but 79 sheesh. When DonaFlora a Brazilian puto gets in the 90s? (And the one I had of theirs really was awful). I have seen some real dog rockets rated in the mid 80s.

The other thing is the Joya De Nicaragua Serie C with an 85 and they say it is a mild smoke. It is mild compared to an Antano but mild it ain't. More like medium. I think on this issue they lost their minds.

i was talking to the VP of a very large cigar company (not perdomo) the other day at the shop and he was telling me of a "run-in" he had with a big wig at CA, which in turn affected his cigar ratings for the next few months. veeerrry shady. i think we all knew it happened, it was just eye opening to hear it first hand.

Wait a minute, are you saying that major publishers are not the bastions of impartiality and objectivity I thought they were :0 .... :laugh: :laugh: Just kidding, I always wonder about ratings and what truly motivates the raters that give them.

Billy

Patronage influencing a review isn't a new thing, in either direction. I've suspected it in all forms of media. There are big dollars at stake.

Thats just not right, i am a nick perdomo fan.