• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Macallan 10 year

Apathy78

I tried the Macallan 10 year over the weekend and can’t say I was overly impressed with it. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not a bad scotch. It had a nice smell to it, although not a real strong scotch smell, kind of sweet smelling. The taste to me was pretty darn smooth and a bit sweet. I felt it was lacking the stronger tastes such as smoke and peat that I personally enjoy. I drank a glass neat, then tried one with a small amount of ice. With the ice this scotch had almost no flavor whatsoever.
Once this bottle is gone, I don’t think I will be buying another.
Anyone else try this one?

On a sad note I had my final glass from my bottle of Lagavulin 16yr, I would like to get a case of this stuff if available. Anyone know where I can pick one up?

Was this the Fine Oak 10 yo or the standard 10 yo?

You really want to spend about $800 for a case of Lagavulin?

Was this the Fine Oak 10 yo or the standard 10 yo?

You really want to spend about $800 for a case of Lagavulin?
Fine Oak. Sorry, I should have listed that.

Yes I would, I have not found a scotch that I like better then the Lagavulin 16yr yet.

No case discount here in PA, you're paying the same price.

that Classic of Islay 21 ( 79$ at Binnys) is worth a mention, as is the Laphroaig 10 yr Cask Strength.. and Ardbeg 10 yr old..

Neither one is going to have the punch of the 16, but they'll at least offer reasonable alternatives to a lover of iodine and burnt seaweed.. :)

Funny that Lagavulin is cheap here, around 70$ OTD, I guess there's not many who admire the ocean.. at least in their drinking liquour. The selection locally is lousy, but the prices for what you Can get aren't bad.

Edit: found it locally 62$ otd. Wish I liked it..