• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Macallan link

Joebunaga

Brought to you by Carl's Junior.
Looks like they do these all over the country. I'm going to go give it a try today or tomorrow.

http://www.raisethemacallan.com/lookup_event

I don't know anything about Macallan scotch but maybe I'll get a good grounding in their products. No mention as to whether the Austin venue allows cigars but I'm bringing them anyway.

The event was well put together. Plenty of hor d'ourves when they open the door with a good snort of their 10yo. I was surprised at the variety of food and tried some flavor combos I wouldn't have gravitated toward on my own( salmon, dates with goat cheese and a berry sauce) that worked well with the scotch. After we schmoozed our way into a second round I noticed a tasting FAQ at the bar which listed scotch and ginger ale. The bar was happy to add some ginger ale to my drink and that was very refreshing. Gave it the feel of a summer drink I guess.

Later they moved us to a presentation area where we were given a nice overview of Macallan products(and a very good overview of scotch regions and history for us noobs) followed by tastings of their 12, 15 and 18yo along with a new rum product that I think was called Regallia. All were good, the 18 was outstandingly smooth. I thought the 15 with a nub of ice was nice enough that I'd consider buying some to compare to Balvenie. The rum had a dry finish that was different, couldn't make up my mind on it with just a taste.

Good stuff, except that it was a non-smoking venue...

Just checked the site, nothing in my area either. I will fill out the form and hopefully something will come up...

Sounds like a really nice time Joe. To bad it wasn't smoker friendly, that would have been a really good time.

The event was well put together. Plenty of hor d'ourves when they open the door with a good snort of their 10yo. I was surprised at the variety of food and tried some flavor combos I wouldn't have gravitated toward on my own( salmon, dates with goat cheese and a berry sauce) that worked well with the scotch. After we schmoozed our way into a second round I noticed a tasting FAQ at the bar which listed scotch and ginger ale. The bar was happy to add some ginger ale to my drink and that was very refreshing. Gave it the feel of a summer drink I guess.

Later they moved us to a presentation area where we were given a nice overview of Macallan products(and a very good overview of scotch regions and history for us noobs) followed by tastings of their 12, 15 and 18yo along with a new rum product that I think was called Regallia. All were good, the 18 was outstandingly smooth. I thought the 15 with a nub of ice was nice enough that I'd consider buying some to compare to Balvenie. The rum had a dry finish that was different, couldn't make up my mind on it with just a taste.

Good stuff, except that it was a non-smoking venue...

It sounds nearly identical to the Johnnie Walker event I went to. Started with mixed drinks made with Johnnie Walker (One of them was Johnnie Red and ginger ale) and Hors d'oeuvre, into a presentation area where we sampled the red, black, gold that came out of the freezer, and blue. Good time, it was.