• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Macallan Replica 1841

jayro75

I was just given this as a holiday gift from my business partner. He knows I like scotch and have always enjoyed the Macallan 18 so I consider this a thoughtful gift. I was wondering if anyone here has tried it and what your opinions on it were? I'm assuming this is the type of scotch I should wait for a special occasion to open.

The 1841 is the third of the four replicas Macallan has put out, the others being 1876, 1874 & 1861. It is less sherried then the Macallan of today and has a decidedly "youngish" flavor IMO. As a whisky, I didn't think it was all that special but it is a limited edition and is now out of production so there is some value as a collectors piece. Crack it open and post up a review once you do.

I was just given this as a holiday gift from my business partner. He knows I like scotch and have always enjoyed the Macallan 18 so I consider this a thoughtful gift. I was wondering if anyone here has tried it and what your opinions on it were? I'm assuming this is the type of scotch I should wait for a special occasion to open.

Thanks for the info! Do you have any idea how long it's been aged, or is this a "fresh" whisky that's distilled to taste like the 1841 bottle?

If I find time this weekend I'll crack it open. Not so sure how qualified I am to do a review but I'll give it a try.

The 1841 is the third of the four replicas Macallan has put out, the others being 1876, 1874 & 1861. It is less sherried then the Macallan of today and has a decidedly "youngish" flavor IMO. As a whisky, I didn't think it was all that special but it is a limited edition and is now out of production so there is some value as a collectors piece. Crack it open and post up a review once you do.

There is no age statement on it but it has to be at least 3 years old. Since this is a single malt, Macallan most likely dumped barrels of various ages to approximate the flavor of the original 1841 bottle. Whisky wasn't aged much back then so one would think the barrels used to replicate it wouldn't be very old either.

Thanks for the info! Do you have any idea how long it's been aged, or is this a "fresh" whisky that's distilled to taste like the 1841 bottle?

If I find time this weekend I'll crack it open. Not so sure how qualified I am to do a review but I'll give it a try.

My wife bought me a bottle when she found out she was pregnant last year. Opened it in August of this year when my boy was born....I loved it. I am not a scotch expert by any means but I really enjoyed this stuff. I shared a glass with my dad and my father in law with some Cohibas' to celebrate the birth. I noticed a lot of different great flavors at once but again not an expert. Enjoy!!!!

3 years old or 13 years old?

There is no age statement on it but it has to be at least 3 years old. Since this is a single malt, Macallan most likely dumped barrels of various ages to approximate the flavor of the original 1841 bottle. Whisky wasn't aged much back then so one would think the barrels used to replicate it wouldn't be very old either.

3 years old is the minimum to be called scotch

3 years old or 13 years old?