• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

machine made cigars

gws3

1000 post club member
i was reading some descriptions of machine made cigars and they sounded terrible.

wrapper homog. tobacco
binder sheet
filler nlb

is there any real tobacco in a machine amde cigar?
does anyone have the answers.
these things just sound horrible.
luckily i've never tried one and don't think i ever will.

i've tried a couple of RyJ Belvederes ISOMS that a friend of mine brought back from the carib...not bad :)

yes it's real tabacco in the cigar, unfortunately because these sit on nonhumidified store shelves the makers put glycerin among many non- tabacco additves in them to keep them fresh. I'd just stay away from them. <yuck> There are many decent priced smokes out there instead of turning to those. Imho

I can get a Antonio y Cleapatra Churchill Maduro for a buck a pop for singles, OR I can spend a buck a pop on Connies by getting a bundle and be smoking seconds to some of the worlds best cigars. It is an easy choice. Now if I were to badly need a smoke and not have anything here, I might come on the board and cry about it and get someone to feel sorry for poor ole PB (Thanks Guys :D ) and then hop on down to the Texaco and get me a pack of Backwoods (100% tobac by the way, but not real good, though not bad) and wait out the famine.

The only 2 machine mades I have had are AF Curly Heads and HdM Palmas Extras isom. Both are made from trimmings from their regular lines and both a good value. I got the HdM's 2 days to my door from overseas for $100 bucks. Granted they are Ugly Sticks, they smoke fine. They are all under rolled, but each one is exactly the same. Wish I could say that bout hand mades. There are deals to be had for machine rolled. Just shop around.

Emo

Partagas Culebras, and a few other cubans are machine made also..

Entry: ho·mo·ge·neous
Pronunciation: -'jE-nE-&s, -ny&s
Function: adjective
Etymology: Medieval Latin homogeneus, homogenus, from Greek homogenEs, from hom- + genos kind —more at KIN
Date: 1641
1 : of the same or a similar kind or nature
2 : of uniform structure or composition throughout <a culturally homogeneous neighborhood>
3 : having the property that if each variable is replaced by a constant times that variable the constant can be factored out : having each term of the same degree if all variables are considered <a homogeneous equation>
- ho·mo·ge·neous·ly adverb
- ho·mo·ge·neous·ness noun

I was in Spain a 1999 and somehow found myself in more that one tobacco shop. Surprise, surprise.
I found quite a few machine made isoms bought a few and enjoyed them. I smoked Ramon Allones, Fonseca, and Flor de Cano machine made cigars.
The Ramon Allones were more mild than I preferred and traded most of them away when I came back home.
The Fonseca cadets were a beautiful smoke, medium flavor, wrapped in tissue.
The Flor de Cano Selectos was my favorite. Lots of flavor. Wish I saved some.
Pepe :)

The Flor de Cano PCs are very tasty cigars. Who cares if they are machine made! The price is right.

thanks for all the info guys.
i would nevern buy any and would probably stop smoking before i picked up homogenized tobacco.
i'll stick to the connies when i can't afford anything else.
after that i take a lesson from PB! :D