• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Machine Made ISOMS

Great King Rat

What is your favorite machine made ISOM.

I can not handle the NC taste anylonger.:laugh:

I know Quintero, Partags, Jose P. and few other brands make machine mades. However, I do not know who makes the best one.

Thanks in advance.

I've got both the Jose L Piedra "Cazadores" and the Quintero "Brevas" in the cooler. I think for $2-3.00 a stick these are darn hard to beat. Only observation I have is that both these brands seem to really benefit from some down time in the humi. A couple of months really seems to smooth them out, from what I've seen.

Regards - B.B.S.

Quinteros are my favorite but Piedras are close. Partagas Perfectos are decent but a bit mild for my tastes. H. Upmann Regalias are another pretty good smoke.

I did not know Regalias was machine made. I have to check them out.

I am really in search of finding cheap isom, by cheap I mean less than $5.00 a stick. I cannot throw money away any more on NCs :laugh: . You guys officially made me a snub. :laugh:

Anyone wants to trade machine mades isoms for some good NCs :sign: . Perhaps, I should start a trade post. :cool:

Please keep the list going.

I really like both the Quinteros and the Piedras. They are both good but different so they fit different moods.

Currently I have the Jose Piedra Brevas and H.Upmann Coronas Major AT in my humidor. Some of the Upmanns are hand made, but are the same price, so make sure you ask your vendor. Also, another hand made that I really like is the Upmann Especiales, but these seem to be harder to find.

For my MMs, I like the Jose L. Piedras Brevas or Cremas. Great little smokes with a little time in the humi. For $2-$3...can't beat them.

Great King Rat said:
I cannot throw money away any more on NCs :laugh: . You guys officially made me a snub. :laugh:
*sigh*

What you meant to say is that you have grown fond of the island smokes and that you would rather throw money at those smokes than at NC smokes... and definitely not to mean that NCs is a waste of money.

Right? :)

vewyphishy said:
Great King Rat said:
I cannot throw money away any more on NCs :laugh: . You guys officially made me a snub. :laugh:
*sigh*

What you meant to say is that you have grown fond of the island smokes and that you would rather throw money at those smokes than at NC smokes... and definitely not to mean that NCs is a waste of money.

Right? :)
[snapback]240339[/snapback]​

Right Phishy. However, there are only few NCs that I like. I do like PAM, PAN, OPUS, and few other ones.

MM Cubans is where I started. The brands I first tried were Guantanamera and JL Piedra. After that I moved on to Quintero, which is a nice, spicy and very affordable cigar. The Guantanamera is very mild and also pre-cut. JL Piedras are pretty basic earthy Cubans for a kickass price. But in the end I would say the Quintero Brevas take 1st place. For these prices, try them all :)

You are right Lemon. At these prices I have to try them all.

MilesMingusMonk is sending me sampler pack on his own dime. Thanks again.

I will post reviews on the ones I will get in the pack.

Also, I just picked up another 10 pack from another member.

Under $5.00 ea. Nothing can beat a San Cristobal El Principe
& they're not machine made.

For MM, Piedra's are pretty good

It isn't hard to find some beautifully aged Upmann Regalias from the mid to late 1980's for well under your target price.... These are a GEM!!!!

La Flor de Cano Petit Coronas is one my fav.
Por Larrañaga Panatelas
Quintero y Hermano Nacionales

I usually smoke guantanameras, but also like the JL Piedra. On Quinteros y have only tried the Quintero Minis, which also i usually buy for quick smokes.

So far I have not found what I have beeen looking for.

This is what I have tried so far. Note, these sticks are from a BOTL and they have more than few years on them.

JL Piedra - Harsh tasting, with very slight isom tatse at half way mark.

Quinteros - Harsh tasting, mild, very slight isom tatse.

Guantanamera - Not as harsh, mild, so far the best tasting of the bunch. However, not good enough for an everyday smoke.

I have few more brands to try out. I am not sure if the MMs are for me at this time.

BlindedByScience said:
I've got both the Jose L Piedra "Cazadores" and the Quintero "Brevas" in the cooler.  I think for $2-3.00 a stick these are darn hard to beat.  Only observation I have is that both these brands seem to really benefit from some down time in the humi.  A couple of months really seems to smooth them out, from what I've seen.

Regards - B.B.S.
[snapback]239981[/snapback]​

What he said. :thumbs: Those are my two favorite short filler Havanas at the moment.

I like 'em "raw" meaning I like them young :thumbs: but as BBS said, they mellow with a little age.

My problem is I smoke them so fast, I seldom "age" them :laugh:

Holy crap :0 Post #7500 :0

Great King Rat said:
So far I have not found what I have beeen looking for.

This is what I have tried so far. Note, these sticks are from a BOTL and they have more than few years on them.

JL Piedra - Harsh tasting, with very slight isom tatse at half way mark.

Quinteros - Harsh tasting, mild, very slight isom tatse.

Guantanamera - Not as harsh, mild, so far the best tasting of the bunch. However, not good enough for an everyday smoke.

I have few more brands to try out. I am not sure if the MMs are for me at this time.
[snapback]244200[/snapback]​
You have to let the quinteros age a couple of years to make them really good, unless you like the raw tobacco flavor the new ones offer.But for 37 bucks a box (+ship) they really cant be beat for an everyday isom, but like I said they make a huge difference if they have some age on them.I have some I am planning to age for about 10 years because min ron nee claims they are awsome with 10 to 15 years on them.Also it makes a huge difference in how they smoke if you use a punch instead of a straight cut because they are short filler if you just cut them they are aggravating to smoke, but if you punch them they are much more enjoyable.My 2 cents. :thumbs: