• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Maduro N/C's - Optimal for females (girlfriends/wives)?

badhangover

No - I'm not saying you're a chick if you like maduro cigars. This is just a narration of my experience last night:

My girlfriend has been enjoying puffs here and there of my cigars since we met. She likes them, but she'd more likely leave one than to take it. I've struggled to find that elusive Habano that she would enthusiastically enjoy. The smaller ones seem to grab her attention more. Siglo I, RASCC, Trinidad Reyes, RyJ Puritos even. It finally struck me that, like many females of my experience, she has a palate for sweet things. This is best exemplified by her one and only beer, Newcastle Brown Ale. I used to love that back in the day, but it's like sucking down maple syrup to me now. Times change; tastes change.

My brainstorm was that she would enjoy the sweet and bold taste of a N/C maduro cigar. I pulled out my last Padron 1926 serie #1 maduro I had. She loved it from the very first puff. It's been at least a year since I've had one. I tried it and was immediately taken aback. It was like biting into a stack of pancakes with HEAVY maple syrup. Back in my N/C only days, I only smoked maduro cigars. I craved the full flavor and strength they provided. So much so, that I apparently overlooked how sweet they really are. I don't like sweets. I rarely eat anything with noticeable sugar content.

But my girlfriend, she was in bliss. I was so happy for her. She finally had a cigar experience that I've been wanting her to have. She occasionally glanced at the remaining portion of the cigar with such look of forlorn. She worked the smoke all about her taste buds with each puff, before finally allowing it to escape from her. She exhaled, and even inhaled a bit, some from her nose to better experience the flavor nuances of the smoke. Combined with her Newcastle she paired it with, she was in absolute heaven. Alas, she had to put it out about an inch before nubbing it. The #1 measures a heafty 54 x 6 3/4 and she felt a bit woozy from the nicotine. That lasted for a while afterwards, so we're gonna have to refine her choices into smaller selections.

Looks like it's back to spending more time in the N/C world for me. I know of a few that I want her to try, but I gotta sample some new product with her that I've yet to only read about.

But she still refuses to register for cigar board forums! :(

I may have to try this on my gf/fiance or whatever she is (I'm bad with titles, plus I've been drinking tonight). It was my idea to try some of those Drew Estate Acid cigars on my girl becuase I figured she'd appreciate that intense flavor. She's had one of thier Kaluah's and she likes it and I'm trying to step her up a bit.

A woman with a cigar is definately up there on the sexy scale though.