• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Maison Edwards Tobacconist

ThankYouForNotSmoking

Self-Proclaimed Everyman's Man
Hey Guys and Gals,

As some of you know, I work at a tobacconist and men's accessories store in downtown Ann Arbor called Maison Edwards. I've been talking to my boss about this website, and people's complaints regarding price gouging, especially on rarer cigars, and we hope we have something of a solution for you...

All cigars are going to be priced at or as close to MSRP as possible and I will be making regular postings as to what of the rarer cigars are in. Due to Michigan tax law, we will only be selling full boxes, but we hope to provide an opportunity for some of you to be able to purchase harder to find cigars at a very reasonable price. We will be taking orders shipping inside of Michigan, but we will unfortunately have to raise those prices to reflect the Michigan tobacco tax.

Just because I will only be posting when the 'more popular' or harder to find cigars are in, that doesn't mean we don't have a lot more. Maison Edwards is fully authorized Ashton, Arturo Fuente, Padron, La Flor Dominicana, Padilla and Tatuaje (all lines) dealer. If there's anything you've been having trouble finding at a fair price, give us a call, and even if it's not in stock, we'll do our best to track down a box for you.

Maison Edwards has been selling cigars to the Ann Arbor area since 1963, the current owner has been in tobacco retail since the mid '80s and bought the store from the original owner in 1991. The store has a long standing reputation in the area, so order with confidence and expect only the best from us.

If you have any questions or want to make an order, please feel free to give us a call at (734) 662-4145 between 12-6pm Monday through Thursday, 12-8pm on Friday and 12-5pm on Sunday. Ask for Peter (me) or Chuck (the owner) and feel free to PM me here if you have any questions. Make sure to mention CigarPass when you call!

Thanks,
Peter

And, as promised, the first of the cigar postings:

Ashton Virgin Sun Grown*

Trés Mystique - $192.00
Illusion - $216.00
Corona Gorda - $216.00

Arturo Fuente

Hemingway Signature - $162.50
Hemingway Classic - $181.25
Hemingway Best Seller - $137.50

Don Carlos Gift Set - $100.00
Don Carlos #2 - $275.00

Tatuaje

Unicos - $275.00
Regios - $250.00
Colecciones del Rey Sampler - $60.00

*reflects MSRP as of March '07 price increase

I might be biased but I have to agree with Peter. I had a chance to go up to Ann Arbor in January and had a great time. I should also mention that Chuck (boss man) has a good sense of humor, as I attempted the full onslaught of annoying customer questions and he took it all in good fun.

-Mark

I might be biased but I have to agree with Peter. I had a chance to go up to Ann Arbor in January and had a great time. I should also mention that Chuck (boss man) has a good sense of humor, as I attempted the full onslaught of annoying customer questions and he took it all in good fun.

-Mark

To annoy any retailer, these are best said while handling every single piece of product in your range of sight...

After looking in the humidor,
"Do you sell cigars here?"

After seeing prices,
"Is that per cigar or per box?"

After seeing Cohibas,
"Are these Cuban"

After getting the response that, no those are not Cuban,
"I think I know a Cuban when I see one..." in a know-it-all tone